Things to do with CD-ROMS

You know all those CDs you get in the mail, mostly from AOHell? What can you do with them, there are so many that they'ed probably fill up all the landfills in the country within a week.

So I've been figuring out how to re-purpose the darn things into something that is actually useful. The first thing I am doing is taking all the pretty colored ones and cutting them into different sizes and shapes, punching little holes in them and stringing them up with fishing line and turning them in to pretty mobiles to hang in trees and on the porch.

The next thing I am going to do is an idea I got of an organic gardening list I am on. I have to put edging in around my garden spots and of course to do that you actually have to spend money on it. The stuff I have now is fine, I have just enough to do one bed, so rather then spend money on more edging that I can use to buy some decent gardening tools, I'm going to use the CDs to edge my beds.

I'm sure there are lots of other things I can re-purpose them for (not to sure about using them as targets tho, the edges do get a bit sharp and there is enough debris out at the range as is, even if we picked up as much as we can, a few sharp pieces or two might get missed and I'd rather keep the chances of injury down to a minimum), maybe glue a bit of foamy stuff on the bottom and turn them into coasters :D

Comments