Primary Day!

So, today is Primary Day here in Idaho, so after work I will wend my way to the fairgrounds and exercise my right to vote. We've a contested seat for state senate, between Gary Schroeder, who is the incumbant with lots of clout on the education committee and a newcomer who's getting LOTS of support from down south and money from out of state who is trying to unseat Gary. Gary is a Republican who has pissed off a lot of the conservatives in the party because he won't play their game. Gary is one of the (extremely) few republicans I would even consider voting for, but he is a very strong supporter of education in this state and a very strong supporter of the University of Idaho and while I don't agree with him on a lot of issues, that support is good enough for me to vote for him. The conservatives are hoping the new guy can unseat Gary and then win in November against whoever the Dems are sending so they can do what they want without anyone with clout in opposition.

In other news, hubby found out I have this blog :D Hehehehehe

Yesterday he worked on the structure for my webpage, tonight I will go in and work on tweaking it. We've got the galleries in place, I just have to go in an add all the text to the various pages. It also seems that the University as upped my allotement of webspace. When I first got it (way, way back when) I only had 5 megs of space. Well, I've almost 20 megs of stuff posted. I was originally going to grab some of hubby's space at our ISP to post all the pics on and link to my page, but it looks like I won't have to.

We FINALLY got Ms Ella's pages back up. Ms Ella is the subject of a photo essay I am doing, she is a young elephant about town who won't let anything stop her doing what she wants. The pic qualities aren't the greatest, someday we'll get a new digi-cam with better features and I'll get photoshop figured out a lot better hehehehehe. In the meantime, I think it is coming out fine.

And finally, we've got to break Nicky of her habit of chewing on our noses, esp at 4:30 in the morning.

Comments