Hmmmmmm

I was just talking to hubby and he is chatting with a friend online who lives in Vancouver WA and works at a law office. Hubby asked what I thought about working at a law office, my reply "him or me" and he said me. I asked for how much, he said $9 an hour. I said, I wouldn't mind working in a law office, but that would be a serious pay cut of $2.10 an hour and a move to somewhere with a much more expensive level of living. Now, if the offer was $15 an hour to start with lots of raises and cost of living adjustments, I just might consider it, even tho it would mean moving from a state that may be backwards in some regards but allows you to be an individual to a state where they seem to beauraucrat you out of exsistance (ask me sometime about a friend over on the washington side who wanted to restore a small pond and what hoops he would have had to leap thru to do so, it is a long and frustrating story), but has a lot more cool stuff happening that is easier to get to. However, I'm not sure about moving to anywhere where I HAVE to lock my doors at all times and any place I have to worry about my safety just walking from the office to my car.


Hmmmmm, no, I don't think the chance for a little more money can make up for all the advantages of living in a small town in North Idaho. Sure, the Portland/Vancouver area has a lot of cool stuff to offer (like Fat Girl Speaks which just happened last weekend, I'd be closer to my mom who lives in the area and Seattle would be a whole lot closer to get to, but the times I've been over to visit I've come home a nervous wreak from all the traffic and way too many people.
So I think we'll just stay right where we are :)

Comments