Survived the doctors visit

End result, I left blood for them to run my thyroid levels and white blood counts. With luck my WBC is back to normal (or close to) and I'm in remission from the Graves' disease. If I'm not in remission, but slightly hyper there may be a chance to go back on the meds if they don't lower my WBC too terribly far. I would be on my ATDs at a very low dosage, so I may be able to avoid surgery. My doc wasn't too pushy about RAI treatment, she'd talked with an endo since my last appointment and their practice isn't pushing RAI as much anymore (and one of the docs in that practice was the endo who was insistant I HAD to stop the ATDs and do the RAI. He apparently is singing a different tune), there is a great possibility of developing thyroid eye disease if one does the radioactive iodine after having been on the anti-thyroid meds for any length of time. And since I have troubles with my eyesight as is, the last thing I need is to develop TED.

I do have some herbel methods for dealing with the damage the ATDs do to the liver, so going back on the meds won't be too bad (tho the PTU tastes ).

I also have a 'script for meds to deal with restless leg syndrome. That isn't the only thing giving me sleep problems, but the meds will go a long way to helping me sleep better.

As for the aches and pains, she suggested some over the counter options to try. I am also going to dig out my tai chi tape and start that again. I was going to have to do so anyways as the pool is closing the end of school and won't be open again until late Aug. They are doing some repairs and remodeling. I'd rather do tai chi with other folk, I like the social aspect of classes, but the only place that offers tai chi as time I can go to also charges considerably more then what I am paying for the employee wellness program and thanks to the lack of raises from the state, that is out of my budget. So it is tai chi from a tape.

Comments