Happy Ostara/Happy Easter

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, I sure am. It is nice and sunny and in a little while we are heading over to a friends for a barbeque.

The only blotch on the entire weekend is the email UI staff recieved from the interim President about a proposed plan to have a one time pay lag (AGAIN!!!) to help balance out the budget. Well, for those of us who haven't had a pay raise in 3 years, whose health insurance no longer covers everything the previous company covered and who have been dealing with a rising cost of living that is putting us dangerously close to the poverty level (20% of UI employess are at or below poverty level in Idaho), this proposed plan is going over like a lead ballon. The prez is asking for comments and I think I am about able to write one that doesn't involve the f-word being used in every other sentence and I won't be attaching the pic of me in full CAS regalia as I don't want it to be percieved as a threat Hubby says he was hearing talk of strike while he was downtown on Friday.

I did get a lot of hostility worked out yesterday at the range. I had developed a bit of a flinch using my shotgun (I'd not been shooting in way too long), so I used some full bore shotgun loads, then went back to my featherlites. That solved the flinch problem. Now of course I am in pain, I really need to come up with a shotgun pad I can use for practice.

Our friends from Canada are on their way home today, we took them to Ostara circle last night and they enjoyed it. It was a lovely day for circle, tho as soon as the sun went down it got chilly, but what a sunset! It was one of those "Oh WOW!" sunsets that was a perfect accent to circle. Well, off to put laundry in the dryer and get ready to head out to friends.

Comments