Got my blood results back

The good news is my thyroid levels are all in the normal range without the meds, so it looks like I am currently in remission. So fingers crossed that I will stay that way.

The bad news is I can't blame the aches and pains and exhaustion on having gone hypo :( So I get to try and figure out what is causing it. My white blood count is still down below normal and the last time I had my iron levels checked they were down also (surprising considering the level of iron in our water. When we moved into our current place I was able to stop taking iron supplements, I didn't need them anymore LOL).

I do have to admit tho, I have been a very bad girl when it comes to taking my vitamins and supplements. There comes a point when one rebels and says "screw it, I don't want to deal with things anymore", so I really should sit down and start taking them again. One of the supplements I was taking is milk thistle to help my liver, which the PTU was affecting, thus lowering my white blood count. Half my purse is taken up with all the supplements and pills I was taking and it just got too much to mentally deal with. I moved right on to the banks of the river Nile :D

So now I just have to get my butt in gear and get back to taking better care of myself (part of the problem is I spend so much time worrying and dealing with hubby's health issues). The pool is closing in a couple of weeks, tho I may not go back for the last couple of weeks. No matter how hard I workout I freeze, so until I figure out exactly why I'm feeling ick I think throwing myself in a cold pool is not a wise idea. Just getting into the cold water is physically painful! I'm going to dig out my tai chi tape and start doing that, that just may help the joint and muscle pain. We also have hubby's fit ball (I had my own until KiKi kitty decided it was a fun toy and punctured it) and I have a workout tape that uses it. So between those and with the weather getting nice so I can putter in the garden more AND they've been turning the old railway track bed into a walk/jog/bike trail so I'm going to get my bike off the hooks and get it back into running condition and check out the trail I should be able to come up with a workout routine that will help rebuild my stamina and hopefully get rid of the aches and pains:)

Comments