Another nice day

We are still having to put the inserts back in the windows at night (at least in the living room. The ones in the kitchen would involve moving WAY too many plants and starts to make it practical) since the night temps are still in the 30s. I can't wait until I can store those away and take the insert out of the back door. Then I can open the window and kitties can come and go as they please, whihc will make Mister happy since he is in his "feral kittie" mode now that the snow has gone. He really hates having to come in at night, but it is too cold still for elder kitties and I don't think he is fast enough to avoid the Great Horned Owl living in the area.

We are going to have to find a new morning radio station. We've given the new guy a week and we aren't happy. He seems a nice guy and all, but we want our Gary back. The new guy plays WAY too much music. We really don't like current top 40 and we definately weren't listening to the station for the music. Gary was wonderfully sarcastic and wasn't above flipping it at all sides, liberal AND conservative, no one immune. He also played a lot of parody songs, usually ones that highlighted the topic he was discussing at the time. Oh well, we are going to try and figure out how to get our little clock radio to ppick up Dean and Nila out of Spokane.

Our out of town guests are arriving this afternoon. I prepped a pork roast last night and it is in the crockpot as I speak. I love crockpots, wonderful way to get that lovely slow cooked food flavor without a lot of time spent in the kitchen. I like to try and do a crockpot dinner at least once a week, esp on days when I have aqua fitness after work, makes dealing with dinner so much easier. I'm on a email list for AccuChef users for trading recipes and I have a ton of crockpot recipes to choose from.

Well, time to wander off for lunch and enjoy the sunshine :D

Comments