YEE HAW! IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

Looking forward to a good weekend. FlyFest with the other local flybabies tomorrow at a local restaruant and then Circle tomorrow night. Also planning on bottling our very first batch of beer this weekend, probably on Sunday.

Tonights plan is to have dinner, then do some serious imbibing of ethanol based beverages and watch TV. We recorded Undercover Brother on the PVR and have several Night Courts and Buzz Lightyears to watch.

Had to do a bit of kitty dentistry last night. KiKi was making funny growling noises when I was in the kitchen last night cleaning up and sticking her paw in her mouth. So after chasing her all over the house, we finally cornered her under the end table and I had to drag a screaming kitty out from under it by her hind end. She was NOT a happy kitty. Wrapped her up in a towel and hubby held her while I pried open her mouth to see what I could see. At first I thought she'd broken a tooth, then I got a good look and realized she had something wedged between them. Finally got it out (KiKi screaming and snarling the entire time) and puzzled over what it could be. I was thinking a piece of chicken bone, we'd had chicken for dinner, but we made SURE kitties couldn't get the bones. Hubby thinks it wasn't chicken bones, but something else, he wasn't sure what. But KiKi had forgiven us by this morning her treatment last night. She is definately a much happier kitty now that she isn't in pain.

Scored a good deal on chicken yesterday at the store. WinCo had 10 pound bags of chicken hind quarters for $4.98, so we got 2 bags and I processed 20 lbs of chicken last night. Along with making brine for pork sirloin roasts, which we got a good deal on also. Needless to say, we will have lots of chicken to eat for a while. The roasts will go in the freezer tonight, I like to brine them before freezing them so they are ready to go when I pull them out of the freezer for whatever recipe I use. Sirloin roasts are very lean, which means they can seriously dry out when cooked, brining them keeps the meat moist.

Comments