Tofu lasagna

Oh, how I love Google :) I typed in a few of the ingredients I remembered off the top of my head for the tofu lasagna I mentioned and found a recipe that is pretty darned close to what I have floating around the house somewhere. The only difference is I don't do mushrooms, so I made mine without.

TOFU LASAGNE

8 oz. package lasagne noodles
1/4 cup butter
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 cups spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup mashed tofu
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Cook and drain lasagne noodles. Set aside. Melt butter in large skillet.
Add mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
Stir in sauce and wheat germ. Heat through. Combine tofu and Parmesan
cheese in a bowl. Combine mozzarella and parsley in another bowl. In a 9"
x 12" pan, layer half of each of the ingredients: noodles, tofu mixture,
sauce and mozzarella mixture. Repeat. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes
or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serves 8
to 10.

Comments