Absolutely loving my Instant Pot

As mentioned on my other 2 blogs, we picked up the Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 on sale a couple weeks back on Amazon.

Oh baby! Where have you been all my life?!?!?!?!?!?! LOL!

I see it is on sale again today, I HIGHLY recommend it if you've been wavering on buying one. It is so versatile and I am not even done exploring all the things I can do with it. (I need to add here I am now signed up to earn referrals thru Amazon when I link stuff from them, but am in no way getting any other compensation from them. I am not a paid reviewer on any of my blogs).

So far I've done chicken bone broth, a couple roasts roasts, some chicken, brown rice, and checked out the slow cooker function. I have been going with the recommended times for things, but on the pressure cooker side I think I can adjust the time down a minute or two on a couple things.

Last night I made pork loin chops with garlic and turmeric rice. NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!!! I adapted a chicken and rice recipe with it set for a 10 minute cook time, but I think I can go with 9 or even 8 minutes. The pork was good, but a bit more cooked thru than I like. So am looking forward to trying it again.


I think the flavors are more intense then when I make the dishes the regular way. I have as yet made beans in the pressure cooker, will look at that this weekend. Eventually I will allow the husband to use it to start weeknight dinners, esp those nights I don't get home until almost 7 pm. Until then tho, it is my toy, MINE! MINE! MINE!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

(BTW, did I mention I like my new Instant Pot :D )

Comments