Coolness!

Got a phone call this morning from a 4th cousin on my maternal grandmother's side of the family. He's doing genealogy and had some questions regarding where my grandfather was buried and he sent me all the stuff he's collected so far. I've semi-sort of looked into genealogy on my dad's side of the family and have some info that my dad had gathered. Looks like I've got a new project to work on.

He also sent along some family lore from the Revolutionary War and scans of photos of various people. Will be cool to go thru and set up the family tree and see who is who. Need to get to work on the other side of the family too. Picked up an open source genealogy program that runs on Linux, so I can work on that when I have the time.

Had a very nice Samhain this last weekend and Halloween was a very quiet evening. No trick or treaters in our area, so we just did chicken from Winco for dinner and watched stuff on the DVR.

We are ditching the satellite as of the 3rd (or the 6th I can't remember), so we are trying to get thru as much of the stuff we've recorded as we can. Hubby pick up a media machine, runs MythTV on Linux. We'll be hooking the big antenna back up and run it thru the machine to get the local and Spokane stations. We decided as much as we love our NASCAR, it wasn't worth paying over $1000 a year for it and the few channels we watch. We've been watching more and more Netflix and the few network shows I like we can watch via the media computer which will be hooked into the big TV in the living room instead of the computer we currently have hooked up (hubby's computer).

Need to work on getting ready for Winter Market on the 9th. Jewelry is all ready to go, just need to work on the display stands and mirrors. Figure out a tablecloth for an 8 foot table. I will be in the main room at the Market so I am expecting lots of traffic. I will also be there Dec 14th. I've got a number of photos in 8X10 inch format, matted. Went with flowers, landscapes and birds, so hopefully people will like them and buy them. Just a couple copies each and I hope I have enough mats, as I need to do that this weekend. Having the ability to run credit cards using Square on my smart phone is so nice. Amazing how many more sales you get when you tell people you take plastic.

Comments