WOO HOO!!! 4 day weekend coming up!

Off for the 4th of course and I take my Fridays off in the summer so with luck the weather folk are right and temps will fall back towards normal (highs in the 80s instead of 90s) and I can actually get things done. It has been too hot this week and when not at work, in the bedroom with air conditioning and LOTS of movies on DVD to watch.

So what have I been up to, not a whole heck of a lot with the hot temps. But I have gotten my garden a bit closer to planting something, picked up 3 big bags of garden soil this last weekend and got them dumped into my tire planters (got the 3rd one set up, still need to paint it) and into the raised bed with my walking onions so I can plant something else, just not sure what. Maybe some bush beans.

Took Rum Tum to the groomers on Monday for a shave (lion cut). We told them he would be difficult, they didn't believe us and we ended up with a kitty with no lion cut as he got way too stressed out for them to do it (as I said, we told them, they didn't believe us and we'd even gotten him some herbal kitty calmer from the pet store. Apparently we didn't give him enough). We will have to take him to a vet to get knocked out while they shave him.

Dealing with a very sore little finger on my left hand. Rum Tum REALLY didn't like getting hauled over and was making poor pathetic kitty noises, so I reached my fingers into the carrier to give him scritches. Which was fine until he whipped 'round and bit me. Finger finally stopped bleeding by the time we got to Pullman. The swelling is finally going down today.

So I got off work early, hubby brought the biggest kitty harness we have and a leash and we picked up the poor baby and brought him home.

Poor Rum Tum

We would have used the harness to take him over, but the plan was hubby picking him up by himself and the last thing he needed was a pissed off kitty loose in the car, so hence the (slightly too small for a Maine Coon) kitty carrier.

As soon as we got home I took him to the bedroom where hubby had made sure the AC was on, got Rummers some food and water and we kept him in there with us the rest of the evening. He finally mellowed out (enough I was able to cut some of the smaller mats off him) and he was being back to a lovey kitty by morning.

Had to order a part for my gas grill, the burner. No one had the right replacement part (the ones they had were all way too small, the one I needed was 22 inches long and a dual burner). So Amazon to the rescue and it arrived yesterday. But by the time it cooled off enough to install it it was too dark out. So hubby will take a poke at it while it is relatively cool this morning.

Still waiting for the glass beads I ordered on the 26th, supposed to arrive on the 6th, hoping they will be here early. The charms I ordered arrived last Thursday, they weren't supposed to be here until yesterday:

charms

They are sterling silver and I have several ideas on how to use them in my jewelry and sun catchers.

Hit Goodwill on Sunday and picked up a Hamilton Beach food processor. My old one died and while I love my little Oster, it is a bit too small for a lot of what I need one for. Also picked up a coffee maker for hubby, he is still going caffeine free and this way I can still make a big pot of regular for me and he can have decaf in not so big a pot (he's not drinking as much coffee as is). Also stopped at Howard Hughes and finally got another oven rack for my stove. I'm going to bake oatmeal cookies tonight once it cools off a bit for the BBQ tomorrow next door (they are a great substitute for graham crackers in s'mores). Having 2 racks will make things go faster.

Was going to hem up some new sweatpants and pants for hubby, but Scrapper had other ideas:

what's mine is his

Well, when I finally do they will have been Scrapper approved and cat furred LOL!

My day lilies are blooming:

Day lilies




Comments