SUPER SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Friday was Relay for Life and the hubby and I were there. He to work behind the scenes and me to sell things to hopefully raise some money. I lowered my usual prices in hopes that I could sell more things. Got lots of interest, gave away a few business cards and sold a few cat5 bangle bracelets for $2 a pop, but not much else:

relay 2013 008a

The above pic was taken moments before the hubby surprised the heck out of me, the little sneak! I looked up to see him snapping a couple pics of me and he came over and handed me the camera. I thought, cool, someone loaned him one so we could get some pics of me at the table. I looked at it and then him and said "Nice! This is the camera I've been wanting." To which he replied, "No, that is the camera you own".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I think only dogs could hear my initial "SSSSSQQQQQQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" it was that high pitched. Pity hubby didn't get a pic of my reaction, it would have been priceless.

So now I have a Cannon EOS Rebel T3i with 2 lenses, the bag and a few other goodies. Now I just need to learn how to use it LOL!!! Been really needing an upgrade for photo taking and this will fit the bill quite nicely. I've gotten some really nice pics so far just using the auto setting and then pushing buttons and seeing what happens:

pins

MoscowMt

Phoebe

The Valley with weather rolling thru

Even uploaded a couple pics to my Zazzle shop that will look great on some items, so the camera is already starting to earn me money (hint, hint! Buy my stuff!!!!!! LOL!).

I won't be getting rid of my little point and shoot, it is still handy for those quick shots, foodie pics and a lot of macro shots I can't quite get with the new camera until I get a good macro lens.

So it was a pretty good weekend. I'm getting too old tho for staying up half the night, going home to sleep and then up early then next morning to be back. I think next year I will take a pillow and some blankets and sleep under my table.

Ended up spending most of Saturday asleep, then a nap and then early bed. Sunday was a bit better, we went to Lewiston for shopping. Picked up a few things at Costco and Grocery Outlet. I'd hoped to get some pics of flowering trees and birds near the river, but the icky weather rolled in, so didn't. Had lunch at Station 3 in Clarkston. OH YUM! I think we have a new favorite place to go. They have Monty Cristo sandwiches, which hubby loves and their nachos are seriously yummy. Have to go back and try their burgers (sans buns) as they had some yummy looking ones.

Made sausage and cheese biscuits to nosh during the race Sunday night (I love my DVR). Adapted a recipe and came out not bad. Need to fiddle with it a bit to see if I can make it better. More on that on my cooking blog later.

Comments