Tiggle Fish

I decided on a tiger stripe motif for the boat again. I'd painted it primer white a year ago and finally got around to painting a week ago. I'd considered other animal patterns, but tiger stripes for boats is my favorite.

This time around we opted to use the spray guns, so picked up a couple of quarts of paint, one in black and the other in orange.

Decided on black for the base coat and I must say, using the spray gun and compressor really made the painting go fast. I did have to get another quart of black. Even tho I had enough to cover the whole boat, the tube in the spray gun wasn't long enough and couldn't pick up the paint I needed. So it took a couple days to finish the black.

Broke out the smaller paint gun, a finishing sprayer to do the orange. Took me a while to get the hang of it, it was more finicky to use, but I eventually got the hang of it. Left it to dry over night and the next day we flipped the boat back onto the trailer.

I knew I was going to have to do some touch up so I grabbed my paints and some sponge brushes.

Ooooo boy! I can definitely tell where I brushed and where I sprayed. I will need to go back in with bristled brushes to make it look better, but in the meantime it isn't too bad:

Tiggle Fish

Tiggle Fish

Tiggle Fish

Comments