The Filling Station, Troy ID

A while back a small restaraunt was opened up in Troy at a remodeled gas station and is called The Filling Station. We've been driving by for a while and kept telling ourselves we had to stop in some time and check them out. After we determined I was gluten intolerant I figured there wouldn't be much I could have besides coffee, tea and maybe a salad.

So imagine my delight a couple weeks back when my mom and I drove by and I caught a glimpse of a sign that said gluten free (at least I thought it did, we didn't go back to check). I looked them up and sure enough, there was an post on their Facebook page saying they had gluten free options.

YAY!!!!!!!

So today we went for a late lunch.

The Filling Station, Troy ID


They have a few items on the menu :D

The Filling Station, Troy ID


The Filling Station, Troy ID


and a fair selection of desserts:

The Filling Station, Troy ID


Deciding what to order was hard, everything sounded delicious. Finally decided and ordered. I went up and said "gluten free?!?!?" and the gentleman at the counter smiled and said they had options available. I wanted a GF Magharita panini and he said no problem. Also asked if I was Celiac or not. I told simply gluten intolerant and in my case we didn't have to be too stringent on preparation. It is good that they ask so that someone with Celiac can work with them on their order. The hubby ordered their French dip and we both had fresh brewed iced tea with lemon.

We picked out a spot to sit and kicked back to relax. They did a nice job on the remodel, the place was comfortable and while it was mid-afternoon, people were coming in and out.

The Filling Station, Troy ID


Our order eventually came out and oh my:

The Filling Station, Troy ID


I had the option of the gluten free bread or between two corn tortillas. Since I so seldom can get a real sandwich in a restaurant now, I went for the bread. This had fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and pesto sauce.

Hubby's French dip, with cheddar cheese, roast beef and caramelized onions and au jus:

The Filling Station, Troy ID


I tried a bit of the roast beef and it was quite delicious and very flavorful.

I seriously savored every bit and it was wonderful. Hubby liked his sandwich and we loved the atmosphere of the place and just felt like lingering. Hubby decided to try their chai tea. Quite good, a lovely flavor. They didn't have a large enough cup for the size he'd ordered, so when he finished the first bit, he went back for the rest. He also came back with a piece of their triple chocolate mousse (gluten free of course):

The Filling Station, Troy ID


I spent the next several minutes slowly enjoying the mousse, savoring every bite and purring the entire time. They had several other gluten free desserts and I am looking forward to trying them on later visits (oh yes, I WILL be going back LOL!).

They also have gluten free pizza, either hot or take and bake, so do want to give it a try.

So if you find yourself near Troy Idaho, do stop in and give them a try, you will not regret it.

Comments