COOKIES!!!!!

As previously mentioned, I hit Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukie OR and scored. I picked up a 25 lb bag of brown rice flour and a 25 lb bag of gluten free all purpose baking mix:

GF flours


As you can see, I have broken into the AP mix. Still need to pour off some of the rice flour and there will be some naan on the horizon.

So the first recipe I tried is from Bob's, a GF sugar cookie:

GF sugar cookies


Turned out quite yummy, tho to get a flat cookie I had to flatten the rolled dough myself, they didn't flatten in the oven on their own.

The next batch I tried were some peanut butter cookies, also from Bob's:

GF peanut butter cookies


Again, I had to flatten them prior to baking, but some peanut butter cookie recipes I have done in the past have had you do that anyways.

And again, YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

So Sunday I decide I will try baking cookies from a recipe that is regular and see if I could adapt it to use GF AP flour. So I dug out my favorite snickerdoodle recipe from my Grandma Florence's old Betty Crocker cookbook:

cookbook


added 2 tsps xanthum gum to the mix, flattened the rolled dough and:

GF snickerdoodles


YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I have been in cookie heaven LOL! Can't wait to see what else I can make. I do want to play around with the recipes a bit. Was taking to a friend about the cookies not flattenign in the oven problem and she suggested subbing in some tapioca flour for the AP. So will see about doing that for the snickerdoodles next time to see what happens.

Comments