BRRR!!!!!!!!!

Beginning to wish I wore my thermies under my clothes and brought in some gloves.

Seriously low energy weekend. The weather didn't help at all. Just wanted to stay curled up in bed under the covers, but did manage to get a few things done.

Hit the Co-op on Saturday and picked up more Dr Bronner's soaps and some white rice flour and brown rice flour. I blended the two flours when I got home. Then it was off to the mall. Hit Ross and picked up some cotton dish towels and a set of the dough presses that will let us make pierogis, pot stickers, etc. I've a couple sites bookmarked with GF pierogi dough I can't wait to try.

Then it was off to Winco for other groceries and then home. Wanted to take a nap, but had to get ready for Imbolc rit. Had a very nice evening as we also incorporated the Chocolate Rit MMMM!!!!! One person made lamb curry, so another brought GF garlic naan. She sent out the recipe on Sunday, so I know what I am making this next weekend (MMMMMM naan!!!!!).

Sunday I managed to whip up biscuits and gravy for a very late breakfast (okay, it was lunch LOL) and set to making bread. I used the recipe from Bette Hagman's "Gluten Free Gourmet". Came out pretty decently, tho not very tall and very, very dense:

Gluten free bread


Tastes yummy tho and made toasted cheese sammies for lunch today.

Gluten free toasted cheese sammies


Next time I will skip the 2nd trip thru the Kitchen Aid as it really rose on the first rise and not so much on the 2nd rise. Will also look at reducing the amount of sugar, the bread was pretty sweet. I like sweet, but this was a little too sweet for toasted cheese sammies.

Dinner Sunday night was diced chicken thighs I sauteed in olive oil, seasoned with garlic seasoning and added a couple diced Roma tomatoes and some blue cheese. I served it over veggie curly pasta from Ancient Harvest. It was yummy as lunch yesterday:

chicken & pasta


Have to work on making some GF snickerdoodles this week. Been craving snickerdoodles and I think I have everything I need now to make them.

Comments