Where'd our sun go?!?!?!?!?!

It was so nice this weekend, even opened up the front door yesterday and turned off the heat. Today is just to blech!

Didn't get a lot done this weekend. Visited friends, took a nice long nap on Saturday, yesterday I made biscuits and gravy using a GF baking mix and making the sausage gravy from scratch using rice flour (rice flour is so great for making gravies!):


biscuits&gravy7


Oh it was seriously yummy. The drop biscuits were quite tasty. Have to see if I can come up with a rolled biscuit from scratch for the next time.

Friends over for dinner and movies last night. Made pork tostadas with the last of the pulled pork I'd made in the crock pot. Came out very yummy, even tho I seemed to have lost the can of chipotle chilies in adobo sauce I'd bought yesterday morning. Really irks me to buy something then have it disappear when I need it. Ah well, a few dashes of the green Tabasco seasoned it nicely.

Fried up corn tortillas to not quite cripsy so we actually had tacos as opposed to tostadas LOL! Either way, topped with cheese, diced tomatoes, avocado, sour cream and lettuce they were quite delish. Had enough to bring some for lunch:


Pork tostada


I wish the weather would stop teasing, I am SOOOOOO ready for spring and garden time!

Comments