Monday again

Did NOT get any painting done this weekend. Didn't get a whole heck of a lot done, but it was a good weekend. Weather wasn't too bad, lots cooler then the previous week. We did get the AC installed into hubby's office, so he is now good to go for staying cool.

I did manage to get the carpet in the front hallway ripped out. Pretty groddy underneath as the water leakage from years past did a number on the carpet underneath and the pad, not to mention rotting out the wooden tack strips. So that is all gone. I'll be taking out the rest of the carpet in the living room in chunks as time goes on. Eventually I want to put down hardwood flooring or possibly bamboo (leaning heavily towards the bamboo).

Had to stop leaving food out for Tigger at night. Neighbors had a momma and baby raccoon on their porch the other night and the last thing I need to be doing is feeding raccoons. I love raccoons, but they tend to make a mess of things and are a bit of a threat to the kitties.

Yesterday was a seriously low energy day. Spent most of it watching vids (I love my Netflix). Had planned on working on the boat, but it didn't happen. Oh well, had a nice day anyway. Sometimes you just gotta have serious down time.

Didn't do a lot of cooking this weekend, tho I finally got the Walla Walla sweets prepped and in the dehydrator. Sometime this week I need to work on beef jerky. Need to also get my hands on tomatoes and other veggies so I can have some in the freezer.

Friday night we wanted fish and chips, so I fired up the grill and cooked them there as it was too warm to fire up the oven in the kitchen. Had to get creative to get both baking sheets in as I didn't want to have either on the main rack right over the flames. Worked out well and the fish fillets came out nicely crispy.

Since it was cooler yesterday I cooked in the kitchen. I chopped up a pork loin for dinner and baked it in olive oil, garlic seasoning and some roasted tomatoes I had in the freezer from last year. Served it with buttered tri-color rotini. Very yum and I have plenty of leftovers for lunch.

Comments