Fat chick FINALLY gets poked!

So yesterday it was 4th time the charm. We went to the blood drive armed with the letters we got from the blood center's doctor saying we were cleared to give blood. My BP was up of course (dad blasted machine was squeezing so tight at the end it hurt), but my pulse rate was fairly normal. So I was good to go.

So onto a couch I went, opted for a right arm draw, so the pics were taken left handed, sorry they are a bit blurry.

Donation


Took a bit to finally get a vein. I'd been drinking water all day. Have to start the night before just to make sure my shy little veins are plumped up enough next time.

Donation


I am getting better, the tech moved the gauze for me and I was able to look at the needle hanging out of my arm without screaming LOL

Donation


VERY blurry pic, sorry.

But I made it thru, gave them my first pint in years.

Donation


Even got a t-shirt out of the deal:

Donation


So now I have to wait until September before giving again.

Comments