It may be raining, but the grilling will go on!

My aunt wanted steaks cooked on the grill, so she provided the steaks and I provided the grill. I was out of propane, but luckily had some charcoal so I fired up the Weber:

Rain or shine, I WILL grill!


Rain or shine, I WILL grill!


Rain or shine, I WILL grill!


Of course it was pissing down rain, luckily I had enough overhang on the porch roof to set up the grill and not get soaked.

I did steaks and a couple portobello mushrooms. The rest of dinner was salad with lettuce blend, grape tomatoes and diced avocado, along with some pesto artisan bread from Safeway. I did up some homemade ice cream with blueberries my mom bought. Everything came out quite tasty.

Since I had the grill going, I didn't want to waste the coals, so I tossed on some frozen hamburger patties I made to cook, so now those are wrapped and in the freezer so we can have quick grilled burgers for a future dinner.

Comments

Jeff said…
Nice piece, Jean, but if you have a charcoal grill, why do you still have a gas grill anyway? Lol... sorry, had to say it, I am BBQ snob...

BTW, if that grill is actualy a Weber, it looks like it could be a classic... The top lid vent should be stamped Weber, and it should include a one-didgit or two-didgit letter code. If it is Weber and you get that code, I can tell you what year it is... if you are interested
JeanC said…
I have a gas grill and a charcoal grill since I LOVE to have options LOL. I grill according to my mood and time. The gas comes in handy right after work when I just want to grill and eat. The charcoal is good for the weekends when I have time and want take my time. I do have to say I like the flavor of charcoal grilled items over gas

I don't think my big kettle is a real Webber, I tend to call all kettle grills that. I do have a baby Webber we picked up off of cheapcycle that I still have to break out and give it a try. It is a table top model. Picked it up to take on outings and camping.