Me and my faux snuggie

Me and my faux snuggie


Picked up a knock-off snuggie at Rite Aid on Saturday, they had them for $8 as opposed to the $14 for the real thing. So I had to get the zebra stripped one, I now match the throw pillows on the couch LOL.

So, currently home sick, Guess who pick up a bit of the flu :P Friday night I ended up going to bed wearing woolly socks, sweats and a fleece shirt with the electric blanket on high. My temps have been up and down all weekend. Thanks to the snuggie I've been fairly comfy on the couch, tho the couch could be more comfortable. Thank goodness for hot toddies with whiskey or White Christmas, the couch may be uncomfy, but I don't care LOL.

Rum Tum is a VERY happy kitten, it's been snowing quite a bit and he's been in and out playing.

Got my results from last week's blood draw this morning, everything is doing good, so just need to check in again in 3 months. Do need to up my calcium intake, it was a bit low. I take supplements since I don't do a lot of milk, have to see what else has calcium since I don't like getting my source from just one place.

Now waiting for hubby to bring home pizza.

Comments

Janus Bellator said…
Calcium is in bones. You make soup stock? Make it from bones! Simmer 'em all day...

Also canned fish, oats, and several different varieties of dried beans. I think some nuts are rich in calcium, too. And shellfish. Especially oysters.

Neat snugglie! I'm thinking...get two of them, sew them together at the top and down the sides, leaving room for head and arm holes, and voila! instant caftan!
JeanC said…
I gotta watch the seafood, have to be careful of how much iodine I get, but the rest of the suggestions are good.

Snuggies already have sleeves in them, that is why they are a bit silly LOL, but the sleeves make it easier to type on the keyboard. I like the idea of two blankts together as a caftan, extra warmth on really cold evenings.
moni said…
Good picture Jean. You do look all warm and cozy. I just throw a blanket over me when I am in the recliner. BTW, I used one of your photos in my blog.;)
Mike Hunt said…
You probably should be eating more if you have low calcium.
Mike Hunt said…
I must say JeanC, you are one lovely SSBBW!