Here we go again!

Morning surprise


Morning surprise


Morning surprise


Morning surprise


Got a phone call from the library secretary a bit after 7am saying the university was closed and then a phone call from my boss a little bit later verifying we were closed. So I am at home puttering about.

They finally re-opened highway 95 south to Lewiston, but are recommending people not drive on it. The wind has died down, so the snow is falling straight down instead of blowing much. I looked out the window a little bit ago and the car windshield is now covered with several inches of snow and the pink flamingos are neck deep in snow and I can't see their backs anymore.

Needless to say, we aren't going anywheres today. We I currently have local radio on, the one morning DJ couldn't make it in tom Moscow from Uniontown (south of Pullman).

Currently have a big pot of soup out on the porch, I stashed the crock in the stock pot. There are some advantages of cold snowy weather. I love having a big fridge out there LOL. I'll haul it in in a bit as I need to package up the soup for the freezer and then start working on turkey stock. I still have the carcass in the deep freeze and I need the space.

Found a big pork blade roast in the deep freeze,so I slow roasted it yesterday. I'll slice it up for dinner tonight. I'm thinking open faced hot pork sandwiches. I made a thin gravy from the drippings, so will thicken that up for a proper gravy. Luckily I bought another loaf of bread the other day, tho I am giving serious thought of whipping out a loaf of homemade, I've got plenty of time and if I don't feel like doing it by hand (with the KA mixer, I'm a wimp when it comes to kneading bread LOL) I can break out the bread machine. Have to think about it.

I'll be working on more photo designs for my shop. I got some really nice photos on Friday and I tweaked some in GIMP and came up with some cool photos:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Comments

SaoirseDaily2 said…
It snowed pretty good here in Spokane overnight, about 5 to 7 inches. It now has stopped and they have promised the ol' pineapple express to come through. There is so much snow I know we will worry about flooding. I hate icicles. It's an irrational fear, but, they drive me batty. Glad they didn't make you go to work. Keep warm and safe.
JeanC said…
Well, it has stopped snowing, but the fog has rolled in. Can't see the cemetery from our house at the moment.

Icicles can be quite dangerous, so it is understandable to have a fear of them. I've had some serious icicles on my homes in the past I've had to break off to avoid having them come down and hurt someone.