A nice quiet weekend.

Didn't do a whole heck of a lot, mostly surfed, read blogs and tried to clean up my mail box on Gmail as I am REALLY behind on reading my mail.

This is what we woke up to Saturday morning:

Inside our front door this morning.


Serious EEP!


The neighbor's yard


Snow kitty


Here are my flamingo snow meters:

<How many flamingos in this picture?


BTW, there are 4 flamingos in that picture LOL

EEP!


Now fast forward to Sunday:

What a difference 24 hours...


24 hours later


Amazing what 24 hours and a whole heck of a lot of rain can do. Currently still raining out today, between snow flakes. Weather is calling for a high of 37F here and heavy snow. I guess the heavy snow will happen sometime after the temp drops.

So today is putter about the house day. I currently have the oven cleaning. I broke down and bought some good oven cleaner to do some heavy duty cleaning. Hopefully once I get it done I can then use the more environmentally friendly cleaning methods to keep it clean.

Planning on making lentil chili in a little bit. I have some pre-made hamburger patties we'd bought I am going to thaw, crumble and cook op for the chili. The patties have a smoke flavor to them that we don't quite care for as burgers, but should taste fine in chili.

Hubby rented a few movies this last weekend, The Bank Job with Jason Statham. Quite enjoyed it, tho it was a great movie, just a good solid fun movie. He also picked up Mamma Mia! with Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth. WEEE HAAA!!!!! THAT was a fun and fantastic film, esp with the sing along portion turned on hehehehehehe. I would love to see this in the theater with other fans singing along, it would be great fun LOL.

Well, off to more puttering and a cuppa of tea.

Comments

Jim said…
Jean I always love seeing your deep snow! I know you probably get sick of it but for someone down South, it's a beautiful sight. Stay warm.
JeanC said…
It actually isn't bad as long as I don't have to go out into it and shovel. Playing in it is fun (tho I haven't done that as yet and probably won't since it is not as nice as it was before the rain). I really should have gotten Ms Ella out while it was good snow and gotten some pictures. But I was too tired and it was too cold :P