Dearest Nicky

This is what he gets for being a smug kitty


I have finally accepted that you have moved out and are living elsewhere. It has been 2 months since you went on walkabout and with the weather getting colder I have to believe you've found a new home.

I really miss you and hope you are happy where you are at and that you are getting all the tummy scritches and cuddles you love.

I miss waking up in the middle of the night to find you snuggled up on me, or if I had gotten up, you climbing right up to get comfy before I've had a chance to settle back in.

I miss you whiskers poking up my nose and tickling me when you snuggled in close.

I still look for you when ever I am outside, hoping to see you running towards the house from where ever you've been playing.

Nicky in a tree


I miss watching you stalk one of your brothers or sister thru the long grass and then leap out at them and chase them across the yard.

I miss sitting on the couch and having you snuggled up in my lap.

I hope Momma Bastet is watching over you still and making sure you are being treated well and making sure you are happy where ever you are.

Nicky at rest


I still hope you come home and I still look for you to come running out from the equipment barn when we drive up and race us to the front door.

I hope you still love us, even tho you are living else where.

So you take care and be well and I hope someday Momma Bastet will lead you home and we can be a complete family again.

Love,
momma

Nicky

Comments

MarmiteToasty said…
:( - I hope he/she comes home.....

x
JeanC said…
Thank you. I hope he does to. I won't give up hope, I can never do that. I just hope Momma Bastet is making sure he is okay and will bring him home someday.
OH. . I hope she is warm by another fire, safe and happy, and thinking of you as she chases mice in her dreams
Chimera said…
I went "looking" for him over a month ago, Jean. I can't "see" him anywhere.

And there's no way he's dumb enough to think he could find a better life with anyone else.

I'm sensing Anubis in the background, although I can't "see" that clearly, either. I've left messages with all my girls to let me know if they meet him, and to tell him to git his pretty self home.
JeanC said…
Well, he was pretty pissed about the Scrapper cat, so I am thinking he may have moved out in a huff. I still don't have any feeling he passed over the Rainbow Bridge, so I am still hoping he just may have housed himself somewhere where they won't let him out and it is a matter of time before he manages to get out and finally come home.
Drang said…
We had a kitty that went walkabout, who was also white with some tabby markings. Mrs. D got Dickens from the local shelter, "To keep Pretty Kitty Company." NOTE: Adopting a cat from the shelter is almost harder than adopting a child!
Anyway.
Pretty Kitty did not appreciate the new child in her house. Oddly, the day Mrs. D brought Dickens home, someone abandoned Fluffy Kitten, our Maine Coon, on the front lawn, and Pretty Kitty did take to her. Probably because Fluffy Kitten was quite willing to let Pretty Kitty be Boss Kitty, whereas Dickens was not inclined to accept anyone else as being In Charge Of Me.
Dickens went walkabout a few times, each time for longer periods--and Fluffy Kitten would wait by the door for her with a worried expression, and give her hell when she finally came home--until finally, I got a call (I was in Korea) that "I saw Dickens playing in someone else's yard today."

Anyway. I, too, hope Nicky is safe and happy in his new home.