YAWN!!!

Definitely need more sleep, even tho I am getting up an hour later in the morning now that I am back on fall schedule. Ah well.

I'm entering a bottle of my mead in the Latah County Fair, I'll drop it off tonight after work. I've never entered anything into a fair, so this should be fun. I decanted and strained the mead this morning to make it look clearer and then back into the bottle. I did a taste test with another bottle last night and it is definitely ready. Now I just need to come up with a name. "The Great Mead Explosion of '06" is a bit long for the entry form, so may come up with something plain and boring or just shorten it to "Great Mead Explosion" mead. I've got a few more hours to decide.

Forgot to mention that on Saturday we hit Columbia Paints and picked up 10 gallons of exterior paint. They were having a mis-tint sale and were selling it at $2 a gallon. So the outside of the trailer is going to be painted what I call "brick" as soon as we pick up a paint sprayer attachment for the compressor. I am going to test it on the shed, since it is in need of repainting this year. This will give me good practice before I tackle the trailer.

Made onion stuffed onions for dinner last night. I used some Hermiston Sweets we picked up at Costco and added some of the leftover pork loin roast I'd made on Monday night. Very yummy. I also added some shredded Romano cheese I'd gotten from the Grocery Outlet. I was considering using some of the goat cheese, but decided to keep it relatively simple.

Hubby picked up Forbidden Kingdom on DVD when it was released yesterday, so the plan tonight is to grab a Papa Murphy's pizza, cook that up and then settle in for a night of Jacky Chan and Jet Li. The problem with seeing it in the movie theater is you can't stop and rewind or slow down the action so you can enjoy it even more LOL.

Comments

Chimera said…
How about, "Mead Me In Latah County?" for a name?
Chimera said…
Oops...almost forgot...

I just found out that Sarah Palin lists UI as her alma mater. Maiden name Heath. Class of '87.

Ring any bells?
JeanC said…
Oooo, that is a clever name, I'll have to give it some serious thought.

She went here for 2 years and apparently didn't make much of an impression on anyone. She didn't even apply to work for the student paper and she was a journalism student. I will say the '86 and '87 year books were VERY popular for a few days after the announcement, tho there was only one picture of her and none with any groups.