Starting to go seriously nuts

Getting a very bad case of cabin fever. Looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow, even tho it is for half a day. I'll go in for the afternoon and see how things go. Probably do half days this week to get back into things.

My knee is getting better, tho I have to be careful of overdoing it, which I do quite easily. I hate using the crutches in the house, even if I am only using one of them at times. I've been working on the exercises and variations to keep my knee from getting too stiff.

We've made a few forays out and about, usually to the store and back. I'm wearing my regular tennie runners as the PT wants me to have better support then my Crocs can give me. I'll be going in on the 8th to see the doc again and get the stitches out. Not sure how long I will be using the crutches, tho I can't go very long puttering around without them.

Still need to get the surgery pics scanned in, the scanner isn't wanting to work for some reason. We'll hook it up to hubby's machine and see what we can do. If all else fails we can use the scanner on the printer. Hubby got my Linux machine up and running, but the scanner just doesn't want to work. Hope he can get it fixed as it is a nice scanner, it is the one I was using to scan in the old family photos.

Pulled out some ground beef and the package of ground elk last night to thaw in the fridge. I'll mix them together and make burgers for dinner tonight. We are thinking about cooking them on the gas grill, but that depends on how we both feel. May be easiest to just cook them in the oven. Dinner last night was a chicken I butterflied and then seasoned with garlic seasoning, white balsamic and olive oil and severed with egg noodles with butter and sesame oil. Simple and yummy. The leftover chicken I turned into chicken salad for lunch. I added some crumbled feta with garlic and herb seasoning for an extra special kick it. Made very yummy sandwiches.

Need to get out and water plants tonight and just sit outside and enjoy the weather.

Comments

MarmiteToasty said…
Think how I felt with 8 weeks of cabin fever LOL

and Im still in and out having more op on me knee.... me scar is about 10 inches on me left knee and on the right knee the scar from ligiment reconstruction using me hamstrings is about 5 inches plus one the other way of 4 inches lol....

And ALL THIS nonsense through playing football AT MY AGE

Glad you fine and dandy..

x

x
JeanC said…
I'd be certifiable if I was stuck in the house for 8 weeks! I am also glad I could get away with the arthroscopic procedure, I was half afraid they'd get in and discover things were worse then they thought and then they would go for the full knee cutting open procedure.

I'm just hoping I will avoid anymore knee surgery ever. The wear and tear otherwise is pretty minor, so fingers crossed.