Lovely weather today

Nice and sunny, not too hot, tho it is supposed to get pretty windy today. Hope it stays this way for a while (not the wind part, the nice and sunny and not too hot part).

Got my letter from the surgeon's office with official notice of my pre-op appointments and surgery date, along with some instructions. No blood thinners for 3 day previous (not a problem, I don't take any) and no anti-inflammatories for 7 days (again, not a problem since I haven't been taking any either). Have to see if I can get the doc to prescribe some pain meds before hand as the ones I've been taking have stopped working and I would like to get a decent nights sleep without waking up wanting to scream in the middle of the night.

Still dreading all the down time I will have to take afterwards, it is going to drive me crazy. I will be the first to admit to being the world's laziest person, since I prefer to curl up and read a good book or go play then have to work or clean house. But the thing is I can decide part way thru to get up and do things. Being forced to bed rest means I don't have a choice and can't decide to get up and that is what is going to drive me nuts (okay, yes, it will be a short drive LOL). At least I can work on my shop and I will take home some books and I have plenty at home. I'm planning on serious FLYing between now and the surgery date so things will be ready for hubby to take over the household chores and cooking.

Our house guests headed home on Tuesday, so the house seems very empty. We may have another this weekend if hubby's best friend from Canada, The Lout, comes down tomorrow. He may stay in a hotel however. We'll find out later today if he is coming down or not. Haven't seen The Lout in a while so a visit will be nice.

Getting very ancy to get the boat out, but still have to get the tags and fix the switch on the trolling motor. I will be so nice to be able to tool around Spring Valley fishing and taking more pictures.

Need to organize the freezers and figure out what all I have left in there. Fixed chicken with boxed Alfredo noodle stuff last night. I thawed the boneless skinless thighs and cut them in half and tossed them in the frying pan with a bit of olive oil, minced garlic and some Italian seasoning I mixed up. Let it cook for a while and then added some Trader Joe's white balsamic vinegar and let everything simmer. Very yummy. Had plenty for leftovers so I am going to have a very good lunch today.

Still need to figure out how to cut up that huge chunk of catfish fillets so I can do something with them. I may have to thaw the whole thing and then see about making a bunch of dishes I can then freeze again. Have to see what I can come up with.

Comments

Nan said…
re: blood thinners. Did they also mention vitamins? Vitamin E is a blood thinner so if you take any as a supplement you should stop taking it, too.
JeanC said…
They didn't say anything about vitamins and my multi-vit does have E in it, so I will ask tomorrow. I've been forgetting to take my night pills of late, so haven't been taking my vitamin (can't take it in the morning anymore, makes my tummy hurt) so if E is a problem, I've already stopped it hehehe