Knee update

Saw the surgeon today and filled out paperwork and went over stuff. Looks like my total down time will probably be just a week and then I can go back the week after, depending on how I feel. I'll probably take the 2nd week day by day.

Looks like he'll just be trimming out the torn tissue and leaving the rest, as long as things aren't worse then they appear in the MRI. He says the last time the radiologist called the problem when looking at the scans, they were dead on with the interpretation, so I am feeling good about this.

I've decided I will go with general anesthesia as while it might be cool to watch, I can get rather anxious when it is something happening on me. Not to mention, I don't want to be awake if someone goes "OOPS!" while they are working on my knee. I probably would lose it at that point LOL.

They will be giving me copies of the digital pics, so that will be cool.

I've got a sheet for exercises for after surgery and instructions on how to keep my knee elevated and iced. So it looks like I will be using my laptop since the position I need to be in is more prone and using my Linux box might not work. So we'll see how it goes. I'll have hubby load my font disc on the laptop so I will have those for working on my designs for my shop.

So now I just need to go to my pre-op appointment at the hospital on Friday and finish getting the house in order and the groceries sorted out. It appears I am the first surgery scheduled on Monday, so they will want me in very early (6am, UGH!!!), but then that means I can be in and out and home quickly.

Comments