MMMMMM!! Glorious sunshine and warmth!

Pity it isn't sticking around, but it has been nice.

Saturday was the Moscow CommUNITY Walk and it was a wonderful day for it (tho there was enough of a breeze that in the shade I kept getting chilled). There were lots of folk there and Ms Ella of course attended:

Ms Ella at the Moscow CommUNITY Walk 2008


I was able to borrow a small wagon from friends and I decked it out with some scarves and even rigged up a seat belt for her so she could ride in comfort. She brought a lot of smiles to a lot of people (and I think confusion to a few who couldn't figure out what an elephant was doing out and about LOL). One at the park we sat and watched and listened to the musical entertainment and I chatted with a few people about Ms Ella and what she does. Quite a few of the CommUNITY Walk people recognized her, Dr Ghazanfar had found her blog last year when googling the Walk and was thrilled to see it and told everyone he knew. He made sure to let me know Ms Ella was specially invited to join the walk again.

We didn't stay all afternoon as I had a coven thing that night and had to get some stuff done. But we had an enjoyable time while we were there.

The only downside of it was my knee was serously killing me. If I'd seen someone I knew and trusted, I was going to have them take Ms Ella on the walk and I would take the shuttle bus. Alas, the only person I knew I would trust had someone she was helping and had her hands full. So I did the walk with Ms Ella and managed to not be TOOO far behind the rest of the people, but my knee let me know in no uncertain terms it was NOT happy.

Speaking of knee, I've ditched the acetaminophen and have switched to large doses of ibuprofen and that seems to be helping some, at least enough I can get some sleep without too much pain. Back to hobbling around on the cane. For the walk I took the stick I got from The Stickman in Couer D'Alene and that was nice:

Walking Stick


Sunday was another nice day, tho not as sunny. We puttered about the house a bit, then picked up a friend to help her run some errands and then she did laundry at our place. I managed to get a bit of the house cleaned up and we cleaned out the shed. Hubby picked up some tools and solutions to finish getting the last of the paint off the car (from a few summers back when we had a friend paint the car) and there is still a shadow of the tiger on it.

Managed to get a few things listed on the local freecycle group (actually latahfreeexchange, we broke off from Freecyle) and have takers for a couple of them. Still have a few items outstanding and I noticed a few more things in the shed that could go on the list.

Was talking to the son of a friend on Sat night, he is into biking and he is willing to help me tune my bike so I can start riding it again. I started working on it last year, but couldn't quite get it tuned right. So having him help will be good. With gas prices going up the way they are, we need to cut down on how many trips hubby has to make int he car. On days when he has clients or appointments right after he drops me off it is not a problem driving me to work since he will be out and about. It is the into work, drop me off and then back home we need to cut down on. And since the trail is now paved all the way into town and campus I can commute in without having to deal with too much traffic.

Oh, and Saturday I got my very first "donot" from CafePress. I SOLD A BUTTON!!!!! Okay, it was a mini button and my mark up was only $1, BUT I SOLD A BUTTON!!!!!!!!

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It is referred to as a donot because you get an email that has the return addy of "donot-reply@...", so the other shopkeepers call it a donot. I am hoping for many, many more. Even tho it was only $1, that is my first ever $1 I've earned for something I've created, not from being a wage slave.

I've been glowing about it all weekend. The button by the way is "Witch with a boomstick" mini button.

Comments

Nan said…
Congrats on the sale. Here's hoping many more follow.
Drang said…
Glad to hear you're weather has been nice, ours has been cold and wet, until today, cold and sunny! (May change by afternoon--I think I've run out of excuses not to mow the lawn...)
Myself, I gave up on acetaminophen and even aspirin for my knees years ago, in favor of ibuprofen. (In the Army we called the prescription-grade Motrin, 800mgs of ibuprofen, "Vitamin M". The joke was that if you went to Sick Call with pneumonia, they'd give you Vitamin M and mark you for duty...)
The problem with acetaminophen is that it is solely a pain-killer, where aspirin and ibuprofen are also anti-inflammatories.
Some like Naproxen Sodium ("Aleve", etc.) but I'm reluctant to take a drug which I have to use for a week or more before I will see any effect, and which says on the label to not use for more than 10 days!
I don't remember if we told you folks, last time we were out your way (so many years ago!) but when we were visiting Victoria, BC, Mrs. Drang went into a local pharmacy to pick up some Naproxen, and we learned that it had to be sold over the counter--but 2-2-2's (aspirin, caffeine, and codeine!) was sold on the shelves!
JeanC said…
Thanks nan, I am hoping for lots more. As I posted on the CafePress forums, I feel like Oliver Twist with his bowl wanting more gruel. Dear Donot Fairy, may I have some more? LOL

MMMMMMMM 2-2-2s. My VERY favorite :D We usually picked up a bottle or two (or three or four or more) whenever we went up. Last time friends came down we'd put in a request for another bottle and they said they couldn't get it, that you had to have a 'script from a doc :(

The naproxen worked for a while, then stopped. It is working for hubby. He can't take ibuprofen, so I will leave the naproxen and acetominpehn for him. Luckily we get them all at CostCo for cheap.
MarmiteToasty said…
Sounds like a great day....

Aint it funny how you called them 'buttons' and we call them 'badges' :)

The stick is awesome.......

Its been tipping it down here non stop now for 2 days and nights..... no sitting out in the garden for me to get some sunshine whilst Im off work poorly lol..... sods law right :)

x
JeanC said…
MarmiteToasty!!!!!!!! So glad to see you "out and about"!!

Such a bummer about your weather, you need lots of sunshine to sit in, good for what ails ya.

Yup, that stick is very awesome :D

Hehehe, I love the different words used on both side of the pond for things. Bonnet/hood, boot/trunk, biscuits/cookie and so on :)