Best laid plans

Brought low by the &%^%#*% flu.

Met some friends after work at a bar for some drinks, discovered I rally can't be in a smoke fill environment at all. Went home with burning throat and lungs. Got up yesterday with it and got it to go away with applications of nice hot tea and lemon.

Was watching last weeks race and started feeling achy and icky. Took my temp to see I was in the 99F region. So crawled off to bed (after the race was done) with the electric blanket on seriously high and popped a couple aspirin. Slept most of the day and part of the evening. Got up, temp was over 101F.

Curled up on the futon, which we laid down flat so i could have my feet up and watched TV. Finally headed for bed, temp was 102.5F, at which point hubby hauled me into the emergency room (under protest). Talked with the doc, flu. Could have run a flu test, but why, since it had just about everything that indicated the flu (except the headache, I haven't got that symptom thank goodness). So we hit Winco for cough syrup, chicken soup and 7UP (the chicken soup was what he wrote on the paper work, neat doctor).

So today I am back on the futon (after sleeping in til 12:30), sipping hot tea and considering soup soon, tho I'm not too terribly hungry. I did nibble on a couple saltines. Temp is back int the 99F area and the achies are subsiding.

But no cake baking for me today, don't have the energy for that. I do have to see about making some laundry soap, but that doesn't take much energy.

Comments

Chimera said…
For the fever: Blend equal parts dried yarrow and elderflowers. Put a teaspoon of this blend into a cup (or one of those single-serving teapots).

Pour boiling water over it. Cover (that's important) and let it steep for about five minutes.

Strain and drink it as hot as you can stand it and go to bed. Stay there. You don't want to drink this and go outside. There's a different herbal blend for that.

It has very little flavor, but you can add mint or honey to it for flavoring.

You can safely repeat this four times a day, but leave at least four hours between doses.

It works. I've got my doctor using it for some of his patients who cannot tolerate chemically-produced drugs. My mother used it. I use it.
JeanC said…
I'll have to stock up on those next time around.