Day 2

University is closed again, we got a ton of snow yesterday. They are going to be a while digging campus out. Spent a good chunk of the day listening to the scanner and being glad I wasn't out and about, they were not have a good time out there.

Here is a pic of The Clone and the shadow kitten:

Scrapper clone and the Shadow


Amazingly, things have been pretty calm in the house since I brought them in. They've pretty much have hung out in the hidey hole at the base of the kitty condo where I'd put some pillows to make a nice cave for our kitties. I put in food and water for them and have pretty much left them alone. I did manage to cuddle the Clone for a while and he is a very sweet kitty.

We finally ventured out for a bit, needed to hit the grocery store. The neighbor up the hill broke out the property owners bull dozer, so he was clearing our little road. County had plowed sometime earlier in the day, but by the time we got out, it was hard to tell.

Here are some pics:

In the morning out my kitchen window:
View out my kitchen window


Yard:
My yard


Parking pad:
SNOW!!!!!


On our way back from the store late afternoon:
Mountain View


They'd closed Palouse River Drive to the west at Mountain View:
Mountain View and Palouse River Dr


Almost home:
almost back home


Looking towards the fields:
Looking north


In got deep:
Yup, just a bit of snow


I'll get out later and get more pics and some video, I am overdue on a vlog. I've got some footage from in town the other day with the fun we were having driving on the very bumpy roads and some footage of the berms running down the middle of streets.

Comments

Chimera said…
Your snow looks like our snow. Yep, we got that much, and it's that deep, too (stand by with smelling salts while hubby wraps his head around that thought). But there's no such thing as climate change. Naw...

Your feline guests look like they might belong to someone. Too well fed and too well behaved to be otherwise, no? Does your local radio station have a lost & found broadcast? I know if my cats went missing in a blizzard, I'd be frantic...
JeanC said…
If they do have homes, their people haven't been doing a very good job of keeping them in, both hang out at our place at all hours. The kitten is very skittish and it took me a good half hour of maneuvering him into a space on the porch where I could grab him. I had him by the scruff of the neck and he is young enough he went into kitten held by mom cat position. Otherwise I think I would have been turned into shreds. The clone acts like Scrapper did when we first took him on, going crazy with happiness when we gave him pets.
Anonymous said…
How does this snow fall match up with what you guys normally get?

As for the feline guests, are you far enough out to have neighbors who have barn cats? I haven't been reading your blog long so don't have a sense for just how densely populated it is right where you live. That could explain the looking fed but still skittish around people.

Or they could be someone's cats that are good at panhandling. We had a cat once that would make the rounds in our neighborhood -- at least two different sweet little old ladies on our block thought they owned him when the reality was he had staked out half a dozen houses as being his. Well fed would be an understatment.
JeanC said…
This is the most snow we've had in a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time. Esp all at once.

They definitely don't belong in our little trailer ct, may belong to some one in the one on the other side of the fence. Problem is we are also a dumping ground for people who decide they don't want a kitty anymore and they will be happier living in the little neighborhood in the country. So it is hard to tell who is who at times.

As for food, there is plenty available as I'm not the only one who feeds the local kitties and I am sure the property owners with barns keep food out for the barn cats.

In the meantime I know they are safe and warm and the weather will be better in a day or two and they can head back out. Next year we WILL have the porch screened in and a door in place and I will have a kitty shelter out there that will be warm and dry and we'll have a water dish that won't freeze so they can have food, water and shelter and warmth without too much stress.

I know panhandling kitties. Rum Tum has pretty much decided every house in the neighborhood is his, tho he pretty much sticks here and on either side. He's got his routine well in place when the weather isn't this bad.