OOOOO! Someone thinks they can tell my health without actually knowing me!

Comment on my previous post from someone who refused to sign their comment, so consequently it is now deleted.

Jist of the comment is they have decided that since I am a fat chick I MUST be unhealthy and will raise their insurance rates. They also claim to be a fellow UI employee, probably true, they posted thru Cactus Computers this morning and that is one of the local ISPs a lot of people use to avoid getting tied up on the university servers when the students come back. Not too mention trying to access thru the university from home is a royal pain in the butt, unless they fixed the access problems, we've had DSL at home for years, so I wouldn't know.

A few things, I have mentioned many times before, I initially trashed my knee way back when I was young and immortal and thin. Vodka and water skis don't mix, the damage you do WILL come back to bite you on your ass in later life. If you've read any of my blog I have mentioned this on several occasions, usually after I do silly things like climb up and down mountains in ratty old tenny runners. Trashing my knee the other night has nothing to do with my weight, I keep forgetting knees don't like to bend in certain directions and get cranky when you do so. When I am in a hurry helping patrons I forget little things like that.

Let's see your picture and I will predict what your health is. In the mean time lets compare some numbers. I've currently well over 86 days of SICK leave built up. Interestingly enough I have many friends who work on campus who are thin who have no where near those hours and have worked here as long as I have (coming up on 24 years now, WOW! It's been THAT long?!?!). Why might you ask, most of them are quite thin and should have TONS of sick leave, since of course thin people never get sick.

Oh, thin people DO get sick? Oh, but they are thin and EVERYBODY KNOWS only fat people get sick. I guess you can't tell from just looking at someone what their health is.

Let's see, what else, BP last checkup was 117/68, fasting sugars were low normal (my ex-doctor was so pissed I wasn't diabetic, she so wanted me to be diabetic for some reason) and my cholesterol was less the 140 (a number my ex-doctor, who is a skinny little thang would kill for). What are yours?

I don't smoke, rarely drink and the only REAL health problem I have is Graves Disease, an autoimmune disorder that doesn't give a shit if you are thin or fat. So the only prescription I take is a generic anti-thyroid med. What kind of meds are you on?

So, let's review, I have an auto-immune disease that has nothing to do with weight, a bum knee that is no worse then what most people who play sports get and chemistry numbers my doctors would love to have.

How about you? Truth now and please have the guts to actually SIGN your name when posting on people's blogs instead of being cowardly and hiding behind "Anonymous". Says you've got something to hide.

PS: last day of working nights, had to work a couple nights since we didn't have enough student staff to do so, not planning on leaving anytime soon (unless it is to go to WSU where they WAY better health coverage and better pay). My bad I didn't make that clear in any of my posts.

Comments

moni said…
Well Jean, just try to forget this anonymous writer. Absolutely NO ONE has a right to tell you what to do with your body. That's why I hate it that we have so many old men legislators passing laws regarding what women can and cannot do with their bodies.
Chimera said…
W00t! You go, girl!

No, vodka and water skis don't mix. The wood makes the vodka too chunky. I recommend tomato juice, worcestershire sauce, a dash of hot sauce (any kind) and a few drops of lemon. If you absolutely must have fiber in your drink, celery is much easier to chew...
Anonymous said…
I agree with Moni, just try to forget this poster. Trolls will be trolls and that person's opinion of your health has no basis in anything other than fat bias.
Anonymous said…
Ignore the trolls. There's always going to be someone out there who is going to have hissy fits over the notion that someone, somewhere is not as miserable as he or she is.

As for medical personnel, the ones who drive me fricking nuts are the nurses who insist on pumping the blood pressure cuff up to maximum inflation while cutting my upper arm in half because they're so sure the higher number is going to be up around 200. . . and then they sit there with this look of total disbelief when it turns out to be 115/70. They look so annoyed when someone breaks the rules by being simultaneously fat and fit. Instant cognitive dissonance. Kind of like watching an evil robot in a cheesy sci-fi film being destroyed by a logic bomb.
JeanC said…
Normally I do ignore them, this time my buttons just got pushed enough. It has been so long since I've been bothered by them I guess.

Chimera, you are right, celery is so much nicer with vodka and the other ingredients :D Less chance of splinters in ones tongue hehehehehe