FRIDAY!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Poor hubby is still not feeling well, so I had to drive to work. Since I usually haul about a ton of stuff in the morning (okay, not quite a ton, but the bag with my laptop and all the rest of my gear can get quite heavy) I pulled into the parking lot behind the library long enough to off load (and ensured my tea didn't get cold) and then parked in the gold lot next to the law school. The hike back after work will be lighter as I won't have the two liters of water I usually bring in the morning.

So I had about a half a cup of coffee this morning, I poured 3/4 of a cup, but when hubby announced he still wasn't feeling up to driving, I didn't get to finish. Tea today is chocolate hazelnut decafe, very yummy.

Did my homework for class last night. Had to transcribe the following:

peas [piz]
peace [pis]
though [θo]
thin [θIn]
sight [sayt]
sighed [sayd]
cantaloupe [kæntəlop(h)] (the h is supposed to be slightly above the p to show the p is aspirated. Can't figure out how to do it on the computer yet.)
skimp [skImp (h)]

and the translate the following:

[lrniŋ haw thə thrænskrayb wεl theyks ə lat əv prækthəs]

I'm pretty sure I got the translation correct on the sentence, tho the 5th and 6th words threw me a bit. I'd pretty much had it figured out 1 minute after she'd handed it out, it is easy if you recognize patterns.

I don't think I will look at taking phonetics like this as a minor, while interesting, it would just finish driving me around the bend LOL.

Got my first assignment back, 20 out of 20, so a good start :)

Still cold out, tho not as cold as it was. They are predicting a bit of snow this weekend, oh goody, just what we need. Okay, we need it in the mountains for the snow pack and water in the spring, but I am past ready for the stuff here in town to go away, even if it will upset Rum Tum.

Waiting for lunch to ding in the microwave. I picked up some El Monterey beef and bean burritos while at Winco last night getting hubby chicken noodle soup and crackers.

Definitely having fun doing the color cut outs on photos. Once I get this down I am going to see if I can change the colors of the cut outs. But here is one I did of Ook:

Ook in color

Comments