Yawn....mmmmmmmmm

Had set the alarm for 8am this morning, as we had to go to Pullman to pick up a samovar that was for sale. We'd seen a notice on the bulletin board over at TriState and since we've been wanting one for years, called.

It is gorgeous and Russian made. We stopped off at Champion Electric on the way home to have them give it a look as it has a European cord and the gentleman there looked it over and said we can get a travel adapter so it will work on 110. So we will do that.

I will post pics as soon as I get some decent ones that don't have Phoebe or her tail in them. The minute I try and take pics, she's right in front of me LOL

In the meantime it looks beautiful on the buffet and hubby has been looking at websites that give instructions on how to properly brew tea in it. I think we'll be having a proper tea in the future (and a good excuse to look up and make Russian treats).

Tackled Scrapper this morning and got his ears washed out. I want to do them again before using the ear mite medicine from the vet. I am also not sure while he has that owie, I may just use the other stuff we have that goes in the ears and when he is healed up, use the Revolution then.

Tried doing Rum Tum's ears, but the minute I wrapped him up in the towel he went ballistic. I thought I had a wild tiger on my hands and he wasn't happy. So I will wait until I can enlist hubby as it is definitely going to be a two person job. I'll tackle Nicky tomorrow

Got my paper and the reflective paragraph for my oral story turned in. I don't think the paper is what he really wants, but it is what he is getting.

Straightened out the deck some more, tho I need to do a bit of re-arraigning if I am going to move the love seat out there to get the tree in. We'll go out next weekend and get one from the boy scouts (I may have mentioned previously we get the tree from them).

Going to start decorating tomorrow. Brought in the step ladder so we can finally get the pentacle wall hanging up on the ceiling (and finally either put the blinds back up on the one kitchen window or make some curtains) and hang lights.

Mmmmmmmm, I love listening to Broadway's Best on Sirius. Only problem is I really, really want to go see all the musicals I am listening to. They really need to do a series of DVDs of the plays (not film adaptations, but films of the stage productions). I am totally in love with Wicked and I've only heard some of the music. Oh well, maybe someday someone will do it locally.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know anything about "prper" Russian tea serving, but I have had "Tea" with a proper Englishman. I had no idea so many little rules were involved. When he asked me if I would like to pour, I said "No thanks, go ahead." He told me that this once he would let me get away with that, however, it being a privlege to serve, and I could insult someone who wasn't as cool as he.
Hope things are going well with you and yours!
Blessed Be!!