This year's turkey day meltdown looks like it will be early this year

ARRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, feeling better now. I'd planned on today being a total sit around and do nothing day, but my whole schedule is screwed up, so I am baking and cleaning today.

Turkey is thawing in the fridge, dripping all over the place. Phoebe has knocked a spray bottle of Windex off the shelf and it shattered. At least that part of the kitchen floor is now cleaner then it has every been.

I've one apple butter pumpkin pie in the deep freeze to be baked later, the other is cooling on the rack for tomorrow. I will be starting the brandy sweet potato pie as soon as my unsalted butter thaws enough (I forgot to take it out of the freezer this morning). I have everything I need for AB's green bean casserole, so will get that mostly done tonight and finish it in the oven tomorrow after the bird is out. Still need to make a loaf of challah for the stuffing. I picked up 4 loaves of regular wheat bread.

I have turkey stock from the last two years in the crock pot on high reducing down. When it reduces enough I am tossing it in the dehydrator to make dried turkey base I can add to stuff. Some I will save out to use in the gravy tomorrow. There is never enough gravy and I am planning on making sure there is enough. Same with the stuffing and dressing.

Been listening to Sirius Broadway's Best on the Dish. Right now it is Gene Kelly's Singin' in the Rain. Nothing like show tunes to help get thru the holidays. We recorded the cast album of Wicked earlier.

Still need to watch this last weekend's race, I've been having to avoid ANYTHING that might say who won the race and the Cup (tho I think I can guess who won the Cup hehehehehe).

Time to get backinto the kitchen for some more cooking. Talk at ya later!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I didn't know you had a blog!
Let's do some linky love :)
JeanC said…
Yup, for a couple of years now. Watch out, it is VERY addicting LOL. A link exchange is great, Got you in my list now :)
Anonymous said…
Yep, you are rolling with my homies now too;
It is addictive, and I am finding it hard not to reveal too much.
Lucky I have some stories and no life lol