Poor hubby :(

He's not feeling too well. He's been feeling icky on and off for a couple weeks now, mostly on. His doc and the nurse have been muttering about the Norwalk virus. After reading up on it, sounds like he might have a touch of it. Not sure what he can do about, except treat the symptoms and hope it finally goes away.

Between it and his back giving him grief today, I ended up driving into work. Didn't have enough cash for a gold permit, had to settle for red and ended up parking out behind the Dome this morning. They really need to turn the one lot next to the law library back into red from gold. That lot is never full. I guess there are still LOTS of yearly gold permits available that people aren't buying them, tho they put them back on sale, tho it isn't enough of a discount to really make buying one tempting.

Luckily I found a closer parking spot behind the law school after lunch. I'd popped home to see how hubby was doing. I fixed him soup and then inhaled a couple grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank goodness the bread was still good. He still wasn't feeling good.

I'll hit the store on the way home tonight, definitely need more bread and anything else I can think of when I get there.

I didn't do as badly on my test as I thought I did. Even without the 3 points I got on the extra credit question I still would have had a B. YAY!!!!!!! I still think I will do my paper on the seasonal round, or at least a portion of it. Apparently we are also supposed to go in and tell a story.

EEEPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not going to be fun. I'm not a good story teller, I am definitely not a good story teller when it comes to live story telling. It wouldn't be so bad if we could tell a family story or one that is very familiar. I can tell great Grandma Mabel stories, but telling a story about Coyote or any of the others is going to be hard.

SIGH!!!!!

Luckily it isn't in front of the whole class, he wants us to come in in small groups. That is still several people too many for my comfort. Have to see if there is a good short, key word on SHORT, story I can learn and hopefully retell without turning into a complete and utter puddle.

Sad day for Moscow, most of the Kirker backed candidates won seats on city council. Which means a certain preacher and his followers will now be able to continue to flout the law, this time with full backing of the city council. Plus these are the candidates who think smart growth is a bad thing, that unrestrained growth is a good thing, that we have plenty of water because look "they are using LOTS of water over in Pullman and at WSU, so we probably got 200 years worth of water" and no they didn't bother looking at the studies that show the aquifer is depleting at a rapid rate.

SIGH!

Looks like folk have their work cut out for them to keep these idiots in check to keep them from raping and pillaging the neighborhood.

Comments

This may be slightly off-topic, but CNN took note of Pat Robertson giving what really amounts to his ideological opposition, Rudy Giuliani his endorsement.

That's making a deal with the devil. Kind of sort of what you are describing here. What I am also getting the gist of, "Christians" who don't look to the future aren't going to make a life for future generations.
JeanC said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
JeanC said…
Not off topic at all, I saw that CNN report and spit my coffee out.

Yeah, those kinds of "Christians" scare me. Didn't the bible say they are supposed to be shepherds of the Earth. Last time I looked, shepherds don't go out of their way to destroy their flocks and herds and leave nothing for future generations.
Chimera said…
Kirker? Is this strictly a local burr-under-a-saddle, or have I missed something?

Anything we can do for hubby? You have but to mention it...
JeanC said…
Kirkers are members of Christ Church, a church that has been trying to run Moscow the way they want to. They also flout the laws and then scream they are being religiously persecuted when called on it. They planted their "college" in the middle of Moscow, in complete disregard to the law that colleges, schools and such (the only exceptions being trade schools like beauty schools) are NOT allowed in the central business district. They kicked and screams and cried like spoiled rotten infants being denied a cookie until the previous city council gave in and let them stay.

We won't mention the illegal boarding houses again, the illegal gambling house, the fact that the church has aligned itself with neo-confederates and whose preacher published books claiming African-Americans had it cozy under slavery because they were being cared for by good, kind, god fearing white folk.

I should dig up some links from other places that make for interesting reading.
Chimera said…
Is this the same bunch of grape nuts that Mark Potok called "Taliban On The Palouse?"

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?pid=645
JeanC said…
Grape nuts, I like that :D Yup, same group of critters.