Oh, FRIBBLE!

The bad news: the furnace is definitely on the fritz.

Worse news: since we decided not to call the repair guy in as an emergency, it is going to be Monday morning before he comes out.

The good news: that new kerosene heater is WONDERFUL. We had the living room nice and toasty last night and once we get the back door and bedroom window sealed up, the rest of the house should be just as toasty.

At least the day time temps will not be too bad and it will only be for a couple of days. Have to break out the humidifiers to put some moisture into the air to make the heating a bit more efficient. It is amazing how dry the air gets in that place.

Managed to have all 4 kitties in again last night. Even managed to have all 4 kitties on the bed at one point. I was a bit fearful that Nicky would notice Scrapper and go ballistic, esp since Scrapper was curled up right next to me, but he either didn't see him or just ignored him.

Still haven't gotten the results back on my magnification mammogram and ultra sound. I am hoping no news is good news. Maybe something will come in the mail today.

Not much planned for the weekend, other then the big Samhain rit. Just putter about the house and get some more FLYing done. I still haven't found that &%^$ manual for the big microwave. If I can find it this weekend, I am putting it out on the deck to store until I do. I need my table space in the kitchen to maneuver.

OH. WAY. KEWL!!!!!!

The Army ROTC is having a Turkey Shoot on the 15th. Have to see about signing up. Entry fee is a non-perishable food item to go to Sojourners Alliance. I wonder if they will provide the firearms or if we can bring our own. I think it would be way kewl to shot it with my Grampa Herb's old single shot .22 I inherited from my dad. I do have a couple other .22s, but it would be more special to use his. The shoot is at the Memorial Gym rifle range, so I think they are limited to .22 caliber.

Have to see about getting out to the range and trying it out now that we've gotten it all cleaned up and ready to go. Not too mention I really do need to finish siting in my scope on my Garand. Maybe this weekend. Hubby still wants to get out to pattern the new shotgun.

Comments