Survived

Hubby was down sick to, so made for an interesting weekend, trading off the thermometer to see what each others temp was LOL.

Actually was feeling a bit better on Saturday, so we wandered up to C&L Lockers to see what they had to offer in the way of meat. Walked away with a little over a pound each of ground elk and bison. Picked up a 2-3 pound beef roast to give it a try. Locally grown beef. If it is as good as our friends say it is, we'll look at investing in a bundle. While the price of the bundle is a bit more then we pay for beef at Winco (the bundle is $2.99 a pound versus buying what we can for less then $2.00 a pound at Winco), if the quality is good, then it would be worth it.

Not sure yet how I am going to fix the elk and bison. I don't just want to do a chili. So am looking at various recipes for both. I will cook the beef roast this weekend, I think a slow roast with Yorkshire pudding on the side. I decided not to cook any of it this last weekend as being sick would mean not doing any of the meat proper justice.

Spent the rest of Sat in my pj's watching races. Talledega was GREAT! What a finish. So glad to Jeff won. We watched Sat night's race yesterday. Not sure what happened, the DVR stopped recording about lap 10. Luckily we caught it and restarted the recording, tho we managed to get the end by the skin of one's teeth, since hubby set it for record to end of program, and it recorded the time slot for the show that was supposed to be on. We think ABC goofed on how long the race would take AND the DVR programming got messed up as it was supposed to have an extra 90 minutes to record. Oh well, talk about another exciting finish, WOO HOO JEFF GORDON!!!!!!!!

So now I am all caught up on the races I can visit my friends blogs who are into NASCAR without worrying about having my races spoiled.

FINALLY got the gutter up on the porch roof, tho I was out doing it in my pj's hehehehehe. No way I was putting on regular clothes yesterday. Took me two sessions tho, the drill ran out of juice when I was 3/4 of the way done, so I had to recharge it before I could finish. Now you can REALLY see the roof isn't level LOL. Oh well, water should still drain into the rain barrel okay.

I think I finally have the plan for the greenhouse mentally worked out, so hopefully I can get a start on it this weekend, depending on how I feel. We are also going to enclose the deck with plywood for the winter. Next year I'll see about getting some windows to do it so we'll not lose all the natural light that comes in, what there is of it.

Comments

Chimera said…
Would you by any chance be a collector of NASCAR/Nextel Cup items?

I used to work for Nextel. Through them, I managed to acquire some collectors' gewgaws that you cannot buy in stores.
JeanC said…
Not really into collecting stuff. I do have some Jeff Gordon items we scored on sale in a couple places, but that is about it.