Saturday ramblings

Survived the field trip, I'll get my pics and vid up later. Driving went fine, tho the Suburban was rather gutless, at least until it finally kicked in the overdrive after practically standing on the pedal. My passengers slept both ways, so apparently my driving wasn't too bad LOL.

Hubby picked me up and we popped out to Palouse to pick up two very nice kerosene heaters and 5 gallons of kero off of freecycle. We should be very toasty warm this winter with heaters to loan out in cases of emergency power outages.

Then it was home for a long soak in the tub and a nap. I didn't sleep well the night before, was up at 2 am for warm milk to help get back to sleep.

Stayed warm enough on the field trip, tho getting up to 19F temps yesterday morning almost made me crawl back to bed. I'm turning the electric blanket on to stay warm.

We popped out to Winco to pick up some stuff to make dim dum. Also picked up some bok choy. Going to do stir fry bok choi with onions and ginger tomorrow I think.

Had a late dinner of burgers. Attempted to smoke out the house, I forgot I'd had it set for broil when I turned it on and we ended up with kitchen windows and front door open and fans running full blast. Burgers came out fine, just done sooner then I'd planned.

Today I got some dishes done, a couple loads of laundry, some of the deck cleared off and we hit Wasankari's for some plywood to start enclosing I the deck. Spotted some storm doors we'll look at when it comes time to build a frame and install one to finish off the deck. That should keep us toasty this winter. Next summer I will see about screening.

Small Samhain circle tonight, next week will be the big one. Still not sure what I am taking tonight. May just hit Safeway and pick up chocolate. That is always popular hehehehehehe

Comments