Nothing like listening to some politically incorrect

music to lighten one's day LOL. Actually, it is only a little bit politically incorrect. Discovered the library had a CD collection of Spike Jones and his City Slickers, so I've been listening to that all day. The collection is called Strictly for music lovers and has my all time favorite Spike Jones tune, 'Der Fuerher's Face'.

Starting to get an itchy throat. There is some kind of crud running around adn I am hoping not to get it. I was scheduled to get some blood drawn tomorrow for my doctor's appointment next week, but the gal who does that is out of town. So I will go in first thing Monday morning. Hopefully the results will be ready for my appointment on Wednesday.

I think a serous hot toddy with lemon and honey is in my night time future.

Nicky is still pounding on Scrapper. Wish he would stop, but I think maybe the kitties are going thru a reorganization for top kitty now that KiKi is gone. Rum Tum is only coming home once in a while. Hubby was going to try and get him in if he sees him today and keep him there. I need my Rum Tum kitty.

I've got some pork loins brining in the fridge. Forgot to get them out last night and rinsed. I'll put them in Monday night, so they will be well and thoroughly brined. Luckily it was a light brine. I did on once where I think I made back bacon LOL. Well, back bacon is from the lean pork loin, so I can make my own at home. Now that I have a big enough fridge, if I can find the ingredients, may even make my own bacon.

Been contemplating ideas to make the house more energy efficient. We are giving serious consideration to solar to help reduce our electric bill. Just need to find out about rebates and such to make installing a system cheaper.New windows would also go a long way to reducing costs and there are rebate programs for that. Going to check to see if our new fridge qualifies for the $25 rebate thru Avista. $25 isn't much, but every penny helps.

Comments