ICK!

Got one of "THOSE" letters from the women's imaging center saying I needed to come in for a magnification mammogram and a ultrasound.

EEEPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, calmed down now, appointment made for first thing Monday morning and lots of good advice and energy from my friends on several lists. Not too mention hubby having talked to HIS doc about it and she said they are very anal retentive over there and will call for follow up tests just in case over any minor thing.

Okay, I'm breathing again and figuring it probably was a shaddow that decided my scans would be a good place to show up on and watch the fun that ensues.

SAVE THE BOOBIES!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehe

Comments

Northerner said…
JeanC, I work in radiology and can tell you to breathe easy. Many of the women that see 'additional views' or mag views and an ultrasound are simply for dense tissue. It has become almost common place in the drive for early detection to be overly cautious. The gold standard is still an ultrasound and mag views, but some radiologists are moving over towards MRI's.
JeanC said…
That is good to know. I just hate getting called in for more testing, makes me nervous. I've been getting lots of reassurances all around and getting one from someone in the biz is helping :)