Oh dear Goddess, I've been seduced by the evil force!

I have a confession to make. I actually stepped foot into Lame Gia.... er, Lane Bryant and bought things.

I feel so, so, ick.

SIGH!

We'd gone to North Town Mall in Spokane to get hubby some shoes at a place his foot doctor told him to go to, or else. After we got TWO pair of shoes (getting him to buy one pair of decent shoes is a chore), we decided to walk by Lane Bryant just for a giggle. I've dislike Lane Bryant for years since they won't use proper sized models in their advertising, tho I did notice they had posters that showed real curvy girls, so that may be changing some.

We got there and they actually had decent clothes on display in the window, so we said, heck, why not. Wandered about and found a couple skirts I liked and mostly fit (they will need to be nipped in at the waist) and then a couple bras. I did try on a number of blouses, but they looked NOTHING like the ones on the mannequins. Then again, of course they wouldn't.

THEY ARE STILL USING SIZE 6 MANNEQUINS TO DISPLAY SIZE 16+ CLOTHES!!!!!

*%^$^#% **%&%^$^# (%*&#$&^#!!!!!!!!

When they have to pin the shit out the the item to make it fit, there is no way it is going to look like that on any body that isn't built like a size 6 mannequin. It is extremely annoying.

Granted, at least they had clothes that didn't look like baggy sacks and had some style.

So I picked up the 2 skirts and bras and off on our merry way we went for more shopping. We had dinner at the Denny's on Sprague and the Pines, hoping to get some kind of wireless signal, but no luck. Hubby is NOT happy with Vista on his laptop (in fact, he managed to break it yesterday. He's going to put XP on it). Drove to Post Falls and got a room at the HoJos near the Flying J and we were impressed. Next time we bring swim suits, they had a 24 hour pool and hot tub. Since we didn't have suits, we made do with the bath tub in the room. Great shower too. Next morning they had breakfast out (I enjoyed it, until my tummy let me know in no uncertain terms it was NOT a good idea).

So back into Spokane we went. Hopped out of the car at the first shop that morning to feel a draft going up my left leg. Look down to discover my jeans had given up the ghost.

WAHHHH!!!!!!

Since we needed to head up North Division that day anyways, we hit Lane Bryant again and picked up two more bras (they are NICE bras) and check out their jeans. They have a new system called Right Fit Jeans that other fat chicks on the web have been raving about. So the clerk measures my waist and hands me a coupe pair to try on.

Surprise to me, the first pair fit perfectly! This is a miracle in and of it self, this never happens. Tried the 2nd pair on, too snug, but they were the red 4s, the first were the blue 5s. Both in petit, so there is no hemming. Grabbed the one pair and a 2nd in the same color (they didn't have any in the light wash) and two more bras (they are good bras).

I should mention, they had a sale on, buy one, get the 2nd for $10. So I am going to have to re-think my stand on LB if they are actually working to better cater to fat chicks. If they finally start using proper sized mannequins then I know they are finally moving forwards.

Hit the ladies before leaving the mall to change out of my ripped jeans into a pair of the new ones.

So the rest of the weekend was nice, tho I remember why I dislike driving in Spokane, even tho hubby was driving and the traffic wasn't that bad. Just makes we twitchy. We did stop at one of the Asian markets and picked up some more Tom Yum paste, pad thai paste and a spicy sour coconut soup paste. Didn't find any Tom Ka Gai paste, but will check the other Asian market then next time we are up.

Found a nice little Chinese restaurant on Division that had a limited dim sum menu. So we stopped and feasted. Along with the dim sum we got a plate of something like bok choi stir fried in ginger and onion that was sheer heaven and a beef dish that was like chow mien only with wide noodles. Don't remember what it was called. Have to double check with hubby and look up the recipe. I want MORE!!!! We're going to look at a day for making dim sum to keep in the freezer. I have plenty of bamboo steamers to heat them up in.

Hit the Target way out on East Sprague and picked up 4 pair of slacks for hubby. I'll have to hem 3 of them up, they didn't have the right length inseam on those pairs.

Drove back via Coeur d'Alene and gassed up at the Safeway, we had the fuel discount, so it was considerably cheaper then we'd have paid here in Moscow.

Pulled in to home and as soon as we turned the car off, we could hear Phoebe caterwauling from inside the house. She was NOT happy about being left inside and along (tho she had KiKi for company). She was all over us when we walked in, when she wasn't racing in and out the door.

Speaking of KiKi, she is still not doing at all well. We have GOT to get her back on the anti-oxidant stuff. We even think of touching her she starts crying and growling. Poor thing!

So Sunday was a semi-relaxed day, we had some local shopping to do. Decided to go see Shoot 'Em Up yesterday. I highly recommend it if you want a mindless romp with something reassembling a plot and lots of outrageous gags that don't go so far over the top to be so ludicrous it is annoying. It was very enjoyable.

So now it is Monday and I have to really start studying for my test tomorrow night.

Blech!

Comments

Chimera said…
I don't think anyone makes display mannequins in any size other than too small.

Besides trying to cater to the anorexia-is-sexy crowd, the smaller the mannequin, the less it costs to make, store, ship, etc.

There's a certain logic to it. Twisted, but there ya go...
JeanC said…
Actually, they do make plus sized mannequins, most starting at size 14. Don't cost much more then smaller ones.
Chimera said…
They do? They must not be available in Canada, then, because I have never seen them.

I have seen one thrift shop that used a seamstress' dummy to model the plus-sized clothes. But other than that, nothing.