Blerble.....

Monday again and I really, really want to crawl back into bed. I don't think there is enough coffee in the world for today.

So here is my new monitor:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hubby decided he's just a square kinda a guy and we swapped back. As you can see, I made it fit the space. I figured there is no reason cheap computer speakers HAD to stand upright, so I laid them down. Originally I had them in front, then decided to tuck them behind. Works well and I am getting used to the wider screen. It is so nice to not have my monitor overwhelming the living room.

My friend took my old monitor, but decided not to take the CD player or home theatre, so we'll probably freecycle those.

Didn't get a whole heck of a lot done this weekend. We went down to Lewiston to do a bit of shopping. Didn't find what we wanted and bought a few things we didn't plan on. On the way out of town we hit a place called Wasankari Construction. They have a salvage yard that is sheer heaven. They have a building with nothing but doors that have been pulled out of other buildings. We are going back with more measurements of the back door and a couple of good flashlights so we can replace the back door. If we can't find something that fits, we may find one with a frame and just cut the space to fit the new door. They also carry scrap lumber, sinks, stone, bricks and I could have spent ALL day there just looking thru stuff. I now know where to go to get things for remodeling the house if I need to. I am definitely picking up brick to raise my front flower garden, they have some nice ones with tons of character to them.

I'm still marveling at how much room I have in the new fridge. I'm brewing tea in there 2 gallons at a time. Cold brew tastes so much nicer, there is no bitterness you get from hot brewing it and there is less chance of floaty things we'd been getting from sun brewing it.

I do need to work on organizing my freezers better. I made bagel pizzas last night and pulled out a bag of cheese from the freezer. It is possible to have that in there too long. I'd re-packaged it in 2006, so it was a bit dried out. I still used it as I needed it, but the bagel pizzas weren't as good as they could have been. Using my fresh roasted tomatoes helped a lot tho. Oh fribble, just realized I was going to bring the rest of those to go on the leftover bagel I brought for lunch. Oh well, that's what I get for not packaging up my lunch the night before.

Saw Rum Tum this weekend, he actually came in to eat. He's playing with Phoebe outside, so I think he's getting over being mad at me, so we should be enjoying his company in the house this winter LOL.

While we were in Lewiston we hit Petco and picked up a bottle of ear mite stuff and we started treating Scrapper's ears. He isn't happy, but this is helping to kill the mites and clean his ears. We'll treat the other kitties just in case.

KiKi is not doing as well on this go around of kitty food from the study. I think it is either a control sample or else it is a different formulation of anti-oxidants. She's back to being more lethargic and not jumping as well. I need to remember to mention that on her paperwork for when she goes in for the last vet visit when the study is over.

Comments