Had a very nice birthday

We went to Sangria Grille for dinner and it was totally delish. I had the New York strip steak topped with blue cheese called The Blue Cowboy. It came with fresh green beans and julienned carrots that tasted like they were quickly stir fried, but not sure. The presentation was gorgeous with the steak leaning on a mound of garlic mashed red potatoes and then topped with deep fried onions. The steak was nicely rare and flavorful, not once was I tempted to sprinkle it with salt.

Mom had the sirloin, hubby had a HUGE salad with pork or chicken (can't remember) and my aunt had the Arrozo con Pollo. We were all wonderfully full after that.

We went home, mom picked up the ice cream cake she'd ordered last week. I broke out the nice china and after the cake thawed enough, served up and we had dessert outside where it was so much cooler. Mom and Aunt P didn't stay too long as they had to drive back to Spokane, but I showed Aunt P around my garden and they both got to visit with all the kitties.

Phoebe raised a real racket and hubby brought her outside for a bit. Big mistake LOL. She got down off his lap and headed straight for under the Forester and we had a heck of a time catching her. She REALLY wanted to stay outside and explore. Got her back in the house where she proceeded to sit at the door and cry at the top of her lungs that she was so lonely and abused, poor thing hehehehehehe. Hubby finally went back in and she latched on and snuggled right up to him.

Something has been messing with my garden, the two little squash I had have disappeared, either shriveled up and fell off or something ate them. Something also plucked one of the Mucho Nacho peppers and promptly dropped it. It didn't simply fall off as I found on the other side from where it had been growing and the stem shows signs of nibbling. I'll seed it and dehydrate it or possibly stash it in the freer until I had some idea what to do with it.

Going to be a hot one today, so I am planning on firing up the little grill outside for dinner, probably do pork since I still have one package that is not frozen yet.

Comments