Ugh!

The library system is down, at least until tomorrow afternoon while they do a system wide upgrade to new software for the whole consortium. So I have to keep my self amused at work. Spent this morning upgrading to Office 2007 and the new Microslave email. I will continue using a web-based interface, no way in hell will I even allow Outlook access to my computer, even if it is the university's. Last thing I need to is to turn my 'puter into a virus delivery system thanks to Outlook. Now I need to clean up all the folders and make sure I get everything in the right on.

GAH! I wish everyone would set the system up that when you are in a folder and are going thru messages and you delete one, it goes to the NEXT message instead of going back to the message list. It is a royal pain in the butt to try and clean out messages you don't need in the big folders. There are LOTS of messages in my Accuchef folder that aren't recipes I need to get rid of.

SIGH!!!!!!

Finally got my first official "Cookin' with JeanC" video up. I so love my video editing software. Don't remember off hand what it is called, have to double check it at home. It is the pro copy and it is nice. So I posted the pan fried bluegill vid on my cooking blog.

Got 5 more neon tetras. We'd stopped into Pets are People too to pick up some suction cups to hold the bubble wands into place and discovered they'd lowered the price of the little neons to 99 cents, so we got some. Larry and Moe are happy to have more of their own kind and were out and about this morning. Since I can no longer tell them apart, the whole school now is called "Larry, Moe and Curly", or LMC for short LOL. We also picked up a long bubble stone to try out and replace the small wand which is pretty much toast. I figure once everyone is settled in I'll put that in and get the other wand secured properly. I only has a suction cup on one end, so the other end has migrated out from under the gravel and is attempting to make a run for it.

Dinner last night was a double package of lasagna hamburger helper stuff (Farmhouse brand to be exact), so I have leftovers for lunch. Still need to finish frying up the rest of the blue gill fillets.

We have been having drain problems, finally broke down and we've been using the hose thingy you stick down the pipes and it builds up pressure, then pulses a burst of water down the pipe. We had been using some enzyme stuff, that worked to a point, but we have 40+ feet of pipe to clear. There is barely an 1-2" drop in the whole length, so we get stuff backed up once or twice a year. We are going to insert clean outs so we can easily access the pipes to put down the enzymes or the hose thingy or even a snake. We picked up the parts last night, but discovered we'd grabbed 2" pieces and we need 1 1/2". So hubby was going to exchange them for the right size. With luck we can have everything fixed and ready to go tonight.

Comments