Tip toeing to the weekend

Scored a Sunbeam gas grill on freecycle yesterday. I was the first responder, apparently hubby was the 2nd LOL. He thought it was a camping type stove, good thing I knew what it was. Just need to clean it up a bit, maybe new paint and then buy a tank and we are all set. It has a side burner to, so summer cooking just got a whole lot easier. With this, my little table top gas grill and the charcoal grill, I am all set for my grilling and BBQ needs.

Weather is SOOOOOOOO much cooler. A little bit of rain yesterday, not enough to properly water my garden, but every little drop is good. Still pretty cool today, only supposed to get up around 88F, which is a very good temp. Slight chance of thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. It is supposed to warm back up to the 90s again by Sunday :(

Actually cooked dinner last night, just some hamburger helper stuff made with ground turkey. Was pretty yummy. I made garlic toast using the last of the hamburger buns I had in the toaster oven. Afters were some watermelon and the cantaloupe I had cut up.

Still have to get out and weed the garden and get the lettuce re-seeded. Since it is much cooler today, hopefully I can get out tonight and do it. I've got two little tomatos on one of my plants and my squash has blossoms. Need to get a closer look at that one pepper plant to see if there are any peppers making an appearance. Still need to get a really good look at the info spike to see what kind it is LOL.

No longer on the waiting list for my fall class. I've been added to it, so I found the text books for the class and have them in my hot little hands right now. I figure I really need the head start on the readings. The library had all three of them (5 copies of one of them), so I will endeavor to keep them so I don't have to buy them. That will seriously save on the cost of the class. As is there is an additional $35 fee that I think goes towards the field trips. I'm really looking forward to this class.

Comments