Sunny Monday

Had a pretty good weekend, albeit a hot one. Thank goodness for AC, even if they are window units in a couple of rooms. It cooled off a bit, if you call 80s and 90s cool, but compared to 100+ temps, they are. Supposed to heat up again by Friday, so will be looking for ways to stay cool again.

Garden is coming along fine. Scored some gutters and downspouts this weekend on freecycle. I'll be putting them up on the porch so I can get my rain barrel set up (and then hope for rain hehehehehehe). I have just enough to do the porch, just need to buy some coupling pieces, end caps, a couple other odds and soda and maybe a little more gutter. I do want to put one on the shed and have a 2nd rain barrel set up.

Run Tum got himself partially shaved this weekend. We ended up picking up a new clipper at Ross. This one is chorded, so should last longer. I have a couple pics, have to get them processed so I can post them hehehehehe. Still have to get some of the mats out of his pantaloons and off his tummy.

Been too hot to do much cooking, tho I did grill up burgers the other night. Also managed to melt a hole in the work table I had the grill on. I guess the grease from the burgers out of hand enough to go thru the holes in the the bottom of the grill to melt the plastic. The work table is still usable, thank the Goddess. I just need to haul the charcoal grill up again so I can use that to put the gas grill on when I use it.

Population in the fish tank is still pretty sparse. Went into Barnacle Bill's on Friday and they wouldn't let us buy anymore fish until the tank is ready. I'm not sure this is going to happen any time soon since we only have 3 tiny tetras in a 29 gal tank, but we'll go in this Friday with the cup of water the guy wants to test, so hopefully it will have enough of whatever it is he says the tank should have. Saw a really neat red tailed shark that I think was an algae eater I want and there was a really neat tetra called a headlight/tail-light. It had bright orange spots over its eyes and on its tail that practically glowed in the dark.

Larry, Moe and Curly are still doing fine. Curly really loves to hide out in the skull. Reading up on neon tetras, they like shade, so that explains why occasionally we only have 2 swimming about. Yesterday they all decided to hide out for a good part of the day.

Comments