Hubby's home

They sprung him yesterday morning, so I went over right after class to get him. Got him home and let him play with the TV remote. He was SOOOO happy to zip thru commericals and find channels that didn't have nothing but soaps or infomercials LOL.

We both went down for a nap for a few hours. That felt so good. Kitties were very happy, tho they did the "OH you're home! YAY!!! Now feed me and pet me!!" hehehehehehe.

After his nap he had some chicken noodle soup and came with me when I went to Winco. He needed to get out and about a bit, he was getting cabin fever. Luckily Winco has some nice new motorized carts, so he got to zip around the store in comfort.

Picked up some ground turkey (he wasn't too thrilled with that, but even extra lean ground beef is too fatty for the time being), cous cous, some 100% whole wheat hot cereal, several different multigrain breads, thin sliced turkey for sandwiches, cream of mushroom soup and some chicken and beef boullion.

I'm planning on grinding up a chicken thigh or two to mix with the ground turkey to give it a bit more flavor and body so I can make patties out of it. With the right spices I should have some pretty tasty turkey burgers to toss on the grill this weekend.

Plans for this weekend are kicking back and relaxing, tho I do need to finally get that couch out so I can get the love seat in. I also need to get some serious studying in and start my papers for class. Since hubby is home, it will be easier for me to be in the right mindset for that.

After getting home from the store yesterday, I got a bee in my bonnet and mowed the lawn. I planned on only mowing a little bit, but ended up doing the whole thing. I was tired, but need the physical exercise to work off all the tenseness I had built up over the week. Felt good and the lawn looks a lot less shaggy.

I'll be going to the memorial service for Officer Newbill this afternoon. It is being broadcast live on the Spokane stations and KREM will carry a live video stream of the procession and memorial service.The other two stations are KXLY and KHQ, not sure what they are going to be showing and when. The procession starts at 10am.

Comments