Can we start this month over?

Godz, it's been a nutzoid week. What with hubby in hospital, the shootings this weekend, having to still deal with class and exams and then work and home, I think I am so tempted to run screaming into the hills and refuse to come back.

Hubby is doing much better, with luck we'll have him home tomorrow. He was talking with his doc and she said if is test results from the ER had been 10 points higher he would have landed in ICU, instead of a regular hospital bed.

EEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily they weren't and he responded to treatment, his numbers dropped drastically by Sunday and then back down to normal yesterday so he was able to have clear liquids for meals. He's been on a treatment of no food or water, nothing by mouth at all since being admitted and has been hooked up to an IV to keep him hydrated. Getting liquids yesterday was contingent to being able to stay off his pain meds for several hours and he was able to do that.

He is going stir crazy, even tho he's got his laptop and plenty of reading material. He really misses our DVR and is stuck watching commericals, infomercials and mostly crap on daytime TV. I did take him some DVDs he can watch on the laptop. The bed is also driving him nuts, as it is too narrow and too hard. He isn't able to sleep on his side, so is on his back and just isn't comfy. He's threatening to pile blankets and pillows on the floor as it would be more comfortable.

He's been upgraded for clear liquids to liquids, so when he comes home I can make him soups thickened a bit with powdered veggies. He'll be off alcohol for the foreseeable future, lowfat, bland and frequent small meals to let the pancreas finish calming down. Once that happens, he'll get the loose and leftover gallstone removed. His doc is pretty sure it is what has been pissing off the pancreas.

I took Monday afternoon off to sit with him at the hospital. I figured after the events of the weekend, having to deal with a test first thing Monday morning (didn't do as well as I would have liked, but at least I didin't totally flunk it), I was only able to deal with a couple hours of work. I did stay yesterday and will stay today. If hubby comes out tomorrow, I'll take the afternoon off.

Friday is the memorial service for Officer Newbill. It is being held at the Kibby Dome at 1pm. I will go over for a little bit of it.

Comments

Chimera said…
Start the month over? You wanna go through this again???

Glad himself is feeling better. Bitching abut the accomodations is always a good sign...

When you go to the memorial, would you take a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary (if you can find them...usually in the produce section of the grocery store) with you on behalf of the Cavern Denizens? If the service were in Canada, I'd ask you to lay poppies, which are usually available at the local Legion. Thanks.
JeanC said…
I'm figuring if we can start over, we can change some things.

I picked up the rosemary, and remembered them halfway to work :P I knew I should have put them in my pack last night.